Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:19 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,394,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post

Yes, I'm following you two too too!
Let me know about the chicken; sometimes the chicken from the local grocery dynasty here (ahem, HEB ) tasted kinda funny, as in too processed perhaps. I'm definitely looking for an alternative!
I got the Nature's Domain dog food and Edison likes it a lot. It's at 35 lbs for $27 or so.
I've bought the chicken several times before. Do it! It's good stuff.

I live alone (besides the fur ball) so the individually wrapped pieces are PERFECT. I can throw one or two in the fridge straight from the freezer bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 05:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,236,786 times
Kirkland brand pecan halves in 2# bag. They are the best. Very fresh & BIG.
English walnuts come in 3# bags & Almonds I think .....I'm not sure 2# or 3#.

Chicken salad is very good, but Hubby likes mine better plus it's a lot cheaper to make. I put pecans in our chicken salad... YUM...

Berries, bananas, frsh fruit & veggies in general. Have to have my sugar snap peas... LOVE them.

Whole grain breads... and some vitamins & drugs.

Bought a BIG dog bed once.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:01 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,505,929 times
"CERTIFIABLE COSTCO FREAKAZOID" That's what my family calls me. I think it is the greatest store that humankind has ever invented. LOL

I could list the whole store as what I have bought there since I became a member in 1986!!!! when it was PriceCo as a business member. It was a banner day when Price and Costco merged in 1993. My life and bank account have not been the same ever since.

OK my top three food items:

Pacific Gold Jerky- all varieties
Rotissery Chicken- $4.99 for a three pound net weight fresh cooked right off the rotissery chicken. how do they do it???!!! I usually buy five of these for a family get together.
Alcohol/Cheese any and all- I know thats four but it was a toss up.

Top three non food items:
Natures domain dog food-just took over the top spot.
Ass wipe
Paper towels.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:50 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,764,481 times
They have (or did have, you never know with Costco) an excellent frozen chicken tikka masala.
There's also a blueberry bread loaf that makes excellent toast.

But I can't get Pico Pica there.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:56 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,132,477 times
You can literally make a dinner out of the samples

Old 11-19-2010, 09:57 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,864,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
They have (or did have, you never know with Costco) an excellent frozen chicken tikka masala.
They only stop carrying stuff when it makes it to my "every time we go" list. I'm not even kidding.

I'm almost afraid to keep buying some stuff now, especially Artie's chicken jerky strips.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,382,898 times
I spend about $100 there every 3 months or so, plus buy a tank of gas.

I get a case of the chicken stock to supplement my homemade batches, canned tomatoes for spaghetti gravy and marinara, frozen 4 cheese ravioli, frozen pizza, fem. products, tooth brushes, AA batteries, and perhaps an item or two from the produce, cheese, meat, and bread sections. Most everything is packed in portions larger than I want to go, and I really don't like any of their chicken salad type things nearly as well as what I can make at home much more cheaply.

They used to have frozen egg rolls I really liked and years ago I liked the beef taquitos but they got rid of the former and now stuff way too much mystery meat into the latter.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:21 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,337,546 times
Quote:
I spend about $100 there every 3 months or so, plus buy a tank of gas.

I spend enough there to pay for my "Executive Membership" (2% cash back) with a bit left over..... It really got bad when they built a brand new one just a few miles from my house.....

Old 11-19-2010, 10:34 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,382,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post

I spend enough there to pay for my "Executive Membership" (2% cash back) with a bit left over..... It really got bad when they built a brand new one just a few miles from my house.....
Woah! Well I shop in a lot of other stores too, don't feel bad.

Sometimes I'll spend a little more at Costco, and of course there is the occasional large purchase, but mostly I stick to my basics.

Ooh, I forgot the frozen raw shrimp! I buy those too.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,337,546 times
OK....I do have a couple excuses...

17 yo son (self explanatory....)
20 yo daughter who attends school several hours away...Needless to say, when she comes home for the weekend, she leaves with armsful of TP and other goodies that mom has paid for....

In a few years, I'll have to come up with some new excuses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink