U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM

10 posts, read 40,369 times

Advertisements

I agree, the Wolfgang pizzas looked appealing, but left much to be desired. I also agree that Amy's is really great. High quality.

If you're in the mood for a woodfired taste/crust you must check out the American Flatbread brand. The highest quality, least frozen pizza taste out there right now I believe.

You can find them in most Kroger Stores- in the natural section. Whole Foods carries them. Really, any store with a good natural section will carry them.

I don't believe they do meat, but when we've wanted that we just add our own to their tomato/ 3 cheese pizza.

They don't look that impressive when you take them out of the box- but do not judge a book by its cover in this case- they are superb. I've seen many magazines (Consumer Reports, Real Simple... and others) rate this pizza as the best frozen variety out there. They are right!

American Flatbread - Waitsfield Vermont
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,535,929 times
If one is forced to eat a frozen pizza American Flatbread is definately the best. It's flash frozen so you defrost it before you bake it.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:02 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,774,484 times
I've tried Wolfgang Puck's (or Punk ) and every time I cooked it it came out so watery that I had to pour it over a sink. It was just plain wet! Awful in my book.

I really like the Californian Pizza Kitchen's Barbecue Chicken and Thai style pizzas. They seem decent enough and always come out with a nice crust.

The one I REALLY like is Trader Joe's Greek pizza. They're plain delicious and closer to Italian pizza than anything else I've tried. A real treat if you have a Trader Joe's near you. Or not. On my occasional trips to Trader Joe's now, which mean about 50 miles round trip, I bring a cooler with a few ice packs in it to keep things frozen.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:37 PM

5,289 posts, read 17,559,803 times
Wow, I'm really surprised that not many are fond of Puck's frozen pizza. I always grab the pepperoni and haven't had any issues, I enjoy it. I tried Ca Kitchen as my sister said they were good, wasn't impressed. I prefer to get a Boboli shell and make my own.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,201 times
Default Wolfgang Puck Frozen Pizzq

Worst frozen pizza I've ever tasted. Edges burned after only 8 minutes...middle never did cook...wasn't even warm. Nuked it for a minute and it was just awful. Crust was like cardboard..rest was just as bad. My husband will eat almost anything and he thought it was terrible.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:19 PM

6,023 posts, read 13,370,549 times
His packaged foods are so bad I wouldn't be upset if he got jumped by a gang of wolves and was pucked to death ! Sorry bad joke !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink