Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you eat a rat?
Yes 10 29.41%
No 24 70.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,725,627 times

Advertisements

Sure, as long as they are as clean as the pigs, cows, chickens, etc. that are raised and eaten everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM

3,672 posts, read 10,571,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought 'oh, good grief, nooooo way.Wont even check this out. BUT curiosity got the better of me. When one ethnic restaurant opened in my fair village, we all said, there goes the rat population, then when a restaurant of a differnt heritage opened their doors, the standard question was, well have yu noticed the sudden lack of stray cats lately?

And I am NOT referring to any specific group, just reporting folks. Considering as how we have now been made aware of cardboard seasonings from China, should we ever be surpeised concerning the ingredients of any canned food stuffs or frozen varieties from anywhere?

My Dad had taken a tour of a meat processing plant once and reported tht you wouldn't want to eat certain meat products if you knew how they were 'put together'. This is really grossing me out. Will have to stop now and quit getting the mental image that penetrates the old brain.

Eat a rat? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now go ask another provoking question...
Voyager, now you reminded me of something. Many years ago a coworker liked to joke that the best asian restuarants were next door to veternarian offices. Since then my experience has been, coincidentally I am sure, that he was correct. All my favorite places are within a block of a vet's office.

I have not noticed any reduction in stray animals in those locations.....maybe pets make the best dumplings?

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT IMPLYING ANY RESTUARANT, ASIAN OR OTHERWISE, SERVES PETS.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:46 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,193,276 times
no No NO

Old 10-24-2013, 04:11 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,687,327 times
sure why not, if thats what i had to eat and i was hungry id roast it up, i think you would too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink