U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 01:39 PM

6,901 posts, read 8,014,244 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried Naked Pizza?? My cousin just bought a frachise in Denver, and I am curious if it has good pizza!! A eye-catching name will only go so far?? Good or bad ?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 01:43 PM

51,318 posts, read 44,604,946 times
Default Anyone Get Naked Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Has anyone tried Naked Pizza?? My cousin just bought a frachise in Denver, and I am curious if it has good pizza!! A eye-catching name will only go so far?? Good or bad ?
As long as that's all you're really asking.......

And the answer is "no".

Old 01-24-2011, 05:24 PM

4,886 posts, read 6,857,200 times
What exactly is "naked Pizza"?

I've heard of naked chicken but not naked pizza.

Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 AM

16,615 posts, read 14,999,655 times
I don't like the name much. I think it would make me not go there.

EDIT: Okay, I just did my homework and I can now add that there's nothing in a menu that attracts me to their place. I don't go for their trendy crusts or toppings, I don't need organic this or organic that....but I do figure they will do well because there is a market for all that stuff.
I'm sure they won't miss me

Last edited by rainroosty; 01-25-2011 at 01:11 AM..

Old 01-25-2011, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,979 times
Default who is your cousin?

how did they get involved?

Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverper View Post
how did they get involved?
My cousin is one of three investors and lives in Denver. I think he got involved because his company got bought out and he had some cash to invest and time on his hands!! I think Marc Cuban may be involved with the company.
If you google it you'll find better info.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I don't like the name much. I think it would make me not go there.

EDIT: Okay, I just did my homework and I can now add that there's nothing in a menu that attracts me to their place. I don't go for their trendy crusts or toppings, I don't need organic this or organic that....but I do figure they will do well because there is a market for all that stuff.
I'm sure they won't miss me
Its all going to come down to how it tastes!! The organic might bring people in but people eat pizza for the taste not the health benefits!!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:38 PM

4,510 posts, read 9,245,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post

I never heard of it lol.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:51 PM

52,369 posts, read 74,086,387 times
Instead of refined flour and whole milk cheese, Naked Pizza is made with a 12 grain crust, skim milk cheese and probiotics to aid digestion.
Tomato sauce is all-natural. The cheese is 100% natural, rGBH-free, real Wisconsin mozzarella. The vegetables are all-natural, no additives. And the meats are pork, chicken and beef—free of growth hormones and antibiotics.
So, guys - its a healthy stuff and looks good too. I might try it ...

WWNO: Naked Pizza to go national (2009-12-05)

Tuesday Tweet of the Week: Naked Pizza…Naked Goodness

More info here:
What makes it naked? : Naked Pizza

Old 01-26-2011, 06:36 AM

9,977 posts, read 16,411,675 times
I'm curious how they manage their gluten free crust. My brother has coeliac disease and I know the food can't even touch a surface which has been used to make gluten food without being cleaned first. Even cereals which are naturally gluten free like Rice Krispies are not considered "safe" foods because they are made in factories which may have also been used to make cereal which does contain gluten. So how does this restaurant keep it completely separate? Most pizza places claim it's so difficult, they don't bother to offer gluten free pizza. They would have to have both an oven and a preparing table dedicated solely to making the gluten free pizzas but even then, I think it would be difficult to assure no normal flour contaminated the "gluten-free areas" unless they were in separate rooms too.

Last edited by PA2UK; 01-26-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink