Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:11 PM

7,663 posts, read 5,373,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingGun View Post
Costco offers samples on a regular basis, but I usually pass since there's usually a mob of parents with their kids around the tables. Trader Joe's offers something every day, plus free coffee or tea. When I was dating this Korean girl she took me to some Asian market and their samples were plentiful & yummy. The only thing i hated were the old women who're rly aggressive with their carts, twice running into my back and over my feet!
Was it really necessary to add the "old" adjective? I have more often had my heels hit by Moms who were distracted by their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 05:14 PM

7,663 posts, read 5,373,828 times
The most recent sample we were given was at Whole Foods. It was the first time we were given beer as a sample, from a microbrewery. I didn't pay attention to the name as I disliked the overly hoppy or overly malty or whatever-made-it-taste-bitter beer.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:18 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,748,866 times
I enjoy trying the Publix Aprons recipe samples.

Old 07-20-2015, 06:56 PM

19,954 posts, read 29,990,395 times
I cook and sample often in grocery stores.....

often new marinated meats....

sampling works,,,,selling is all about justifying value, and if you really like something you will buy it..

when the kids come running.... I will say whoever asks me nicely with manners,,i will give a sample,,,,(ive had chubby boys just stand there and try to eat everything...)

I will give each kid a chance to ask nicely,,,,this seems to work...

its funny, when I cook and sample a new bacon in the store,,,the men will smell this and find there way over..

when im in other stores do I eat samples??? depends what it is,,,and if I have to wait

Old 07-20-2015, 08:27 PM

8,020 posts, read 4,703,002 times
One of the more unpleasant parts of visiting my local Fresh Market is the over-done sampling programs. I see people walk around with a miniature coffee cup in one hand, little sample cups in the other, practically trick-or-treating around from counter to counter wanting to know what they can get as a sample. Seven out of ten don't have a cart or even a basket, which gives me the impression they aren't there to shop. I like the store, but they need to rein it in because you know what happens when you keep feeding strays.

I think that sort of "gimme gimme gimme" behavior (from adults!) is all so undignified, which is why I don't sample anything there, and I certainly don't go there at lunchtime, because some of these moochers behave like pigs at a trough.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:13 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,748,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
...these moochers behave like pigs at a trough.
I like to cram as much free food as I can into my pie-hole (oink-oink).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink