Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 AM

354 posts, read 325,001 times

Advertisements

You just can't beat the smell that comes from the White Castles and it makes me hungry just thinking about them and the frozen ones just don't taste the same. LOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 07:28 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
I like their shakes but nothing else.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Default Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
You just can't beat the smell that comes from the White Castles and it makes me hungry just thinking about them and the frozen ones just don't taste the same. LOLOLOL
Will ya quit it already, first the taste and now the aroma. What next? I sit here far, far away from WC and don't know when I'll get east again to get sum.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 AM

325 posts, read 1,077,428 times
Steak and Shake is great. We have them in Pittsburgh now. I always get a double cheeseburger with fries and a strawberry shake. One time I tried the triple cheeseburger. It was fantastic. The chilli is also great. I love that place. yum.....

Old 08-06-2007, 02:20 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times
I think my obsession stems from the fact that I can't get it here.

I have the same love for SONIC. People who live near Sonic can't get over the big deal I make about it, because to them it's just another burger place.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:01 AM

136 posts, read 589,893 times
I agree they are very pricy and highly overrated!!! I ended up spending about $6.00 for a combo with a coupon and the food was not good. I think it cost so much because you had to pay for the toppings on the burger. Never tried their shakes. That was my first and last visit!!

Old 08-30-2007, 10:04 AM

136 posts, read 589,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post

I have the same love for SONIC. People who live near Sonic can't get over the big deal I make about it, because to them it's just another burger place.
Sonic is great I like their breaded chicken combo with extra mayo. They have very good food I would prefer them over Steak n Shake any day!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:21 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post

I'm that way too! I don't like Sonic or Steak and Shake, which I can get, but I really really miss Carl's Jr. and In'N'Out, from living on the west coast.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:39 PM

255 posts, read 821,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
...I really really miss Carl's Jr. and In'N'Out, from living on the west coast.
I saw the thread about Steak n Shake and couldn't relate because there aren't any where I currently reside. I was recently in KY, however, and drove by one, and had to stop and see what all the fuss was about. The steakburger didn't look that impressive or different than any other fast food burger, but when I took a bite -- holy cow! That is one good burger!! I also had a super thick banana shake that was excellent.

Re Carl's Jr. and In-N-Out Burger: two thumbs up! I had a jalapeno burger in Las Vegas at Carl's Jr. that rocked (and it was actually spicy!) and there's no better place, IMO, for a quick, good burger and fries, than In-N-Out: fresh, fast and simple!

Old 08-30-2007, 06:17 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,059,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust07 View Post
I saw the thread about Steak n Shake and couldn't relate because there aren't any where I currently reside. I was recently in KY, however, and drove by one, and had to stop and see what all the fuss was about. The steakburger didn't look that impressive or different than any other fast food burger, but when I took a bite -- holy cow! That is one good burger!! I also had a super thick banana shake that was excellent.

Re Carl's Jr. and In-N-Out Burger: two thumbs up! I had a jalapeno burger in Las Vegas at Carl's Jr. that rocked (and it was actually spicy!) and there's no better place, IMO, for a quick, good burger and fries, than In-N-Out: fresh, fast and simple!
Wanderlust,,, hmmmmm,,, I dunno for sure, but, even tho' Steak 'n Shake is the bestest burger fast food chain joint there is, I really don't believe that even their meat products are blessed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink