Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 06:35 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times

Advertisements

IHOP - Double blueberry pancakes w/ mix of blueberry and old fashioned syrup and a little bit of whip creme.

Ryan's - Turkey and spinach omelette with home fries, sometimes with their new blueberry sidecakes. Love their menu options the most. Love their cherry bread, when in season. Miss it when out of season like now.

Perkins - If we go to Perkins, which isn't very often, I 'll get the Belgian waffle with blueberries.

Cracker Barrel - Used to love the skillet meals at Cracker Barrel but they've quit doing them. We haven't gone back there lately. I get tired of their two eggs and biscuits option. They don't do omelettes.
===

One of the reasons I like IHOP (and other like it) so much is that they leave the carafe of coffee at your table. It gives me a chance to pour the amount I want in my cup whenever I want it. You don't have to search for the waiter/waitress, esp when they're busy taking orders from other tables. Don't have to worry about them overfilling your cup either. If they put a bunch of coffee carafes in a particular area I'm not opposed to getting up, and walking over to pour a cup either but it's nicer to have it at your table.

IHOP and Ryan's are the most convenient to us on the weekends (Sat). We tried a Mom&Pops type diner near us but didn't like it - food and service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 05:32 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
Depends on my mood. I really do love waffles too, with no butter or syrup or anything. I recently discovered a chain we have locally called First Watch - I'm not sure how wide their distribution is, but they have THE BEST waffle and pancake batter there. Seriously the best waffle I ever had, with a nice crispy crust and a tasty fluffy interior. Yum. The pancakes are huge! - the size of old LP records.

I'm also a big fan of the Uncle Hershel breakfast at Cracker Barrel with spicy grilled catfish and fried eggs, hasbrown casserole, grits and biscuits and gravy, oh yeh baybee!

I recently tried a Santa Fe skillet at Denny's that features chorizo and veggies, and I liked it so much I went back for it again a couple days later. When we cook breakfast at home I like to use chourico (Portuguese chorizo) in the breakfast hash, this was a similar flavor.

Our local IHOP is great. The food is good, they handle special orders with no issues, and the staff are friendly and competent. Really it's the best IHOP I've ever been in and I enjoy eating there. The sirloin tips are my old stand-by at IHOP, but man I wish they would bring back the potato pancakes! And I'd like to have a savory corn cake option too!

There's a local place here called Hugo's Spanish restaurant that serves a good breakfast. Most of the menu is standard stuff, but they have a dish on there they call Hombre Pobre and it is a big bowl of their truly delicious yellow rice with two eggs on top. It's a great light breakfast. I also enjoy the breakfast sandwich pressed on fresh Cuban bread, yum.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I sometimes like soup for breakfast. My current favorite is the pho from a vietnamese place on the other side of town, I wish they opened earlier. I also like other traditionally lunch items for breakfast such as turkey sandwich or grilled cheese with tomato soup.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:01 PM

65 posts, read 92,934 times
Smile Breakfast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!

BREAKFAST...my favorite meal! I'll take two eggs over easy ( fried in bacon grease if possible), two strips of extra crispy bacon, two sausage patties (no links), grits with lots of butter, thick cut rye toast with grape jelly, orange juice and keep the coffee coming! All week long I "eat right" but the weekends are all mine! MY local mom and pop diner may not be fancy but the food is wonderful!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Local family-run breakfast place in my city has a Cobb omelet on their menu that is heavenly. Folded into the omelet is: monterey jack cheese, avocado slices, and walnuts. It's my favorite restaurant breakfast, by far. I usually get it with a side of rye toast and American fries and coffee.

Of the chains, I greatly enjoy Perkins' potato pancakes with a side of applesauce. I don't really like sweet pancakes or buttermilk pancakes, but I do like savory dishes like potato pancakes.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
2 pancakes, 1 egg over easy or sunny side up, crispy bacon...

place egg on one half of one pancake and enjoy.

pour syrup over rest of pancakes, dip bacon in syrup...yum

Old 03-28-2011, 05:32 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,740 times
Biscuits and Gravy. If I'm going to a diner, I'm gonna make it count (calorie-wise, anyway ).

Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Favorite breakfast meal at a restaurant, diner is one which I share with my sister. I order protein, she orders carbs and then we split everything and eat off of each others plates.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,024,126 times
I love, love, love buttermilk pancakes. Cracker Barrel-ok. IHOP-no way!
My favorite is Noshville Deli (Nashville, TN) or Aretha Frankensteins (Chattanooga, TN)
I have found that locally owned diners are the best!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink