Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:46 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times

Advertisements

I can not figure out how to properly use my Keurig Coffee Filter, and I'm hoping some of you have some tips.

I've read the directions and looked at various reviews online, but no matter how much or how little grounds I put in, it makes a mess. The water isn't even properly going through the grounds as some of it come out clear, and the coffee that is brewed is full of grounds.

Weak, crunchy coffee is a bad way to start the morning. Anyone have the same experience? Any tips? These stupid filters are expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:42 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,755 times
I'm pretty confused...I've used a couple Keurig machines and you put the whole white plastic cup with grounds in it into the machine slot where it goes. I thought they were all like that. Are you actually removing the top of it and pouring the grinds out into the holder?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 AM

258 posts, read 450,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgt04 View Post
I'm pretty confused...I've used a couple Keurig machines and you put the whole white plastic cup with grounds in it into the machine slot where it goes. I thought they were all like that. Are you actually removing the top of it and pouring the grinds out into the holder?
+1

The directions for all of the Keurigs, (which is what I thought made the brand unique) is that you put the entire plastic cup in there and they do all the work for you, no fuss, no mess, and especially no measuring of grinds.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
If you are not using K-cups you must twist and remove the K-cup holder Then insert the filter to use your own coffee grinds. K-cups come in white, brown and possibly other colors. We use many different types. We bought our sons a smaller version. If you've done the above correctly then maybe you need to clean the nozzle that injects water into the cups.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
There is a Keurig filter for you to use your own coffee in the Keurig. It's their K Cup reusable filter and this is it:

MY K-Cup Reusable Filter - Keurig.com

We have the deluxe Keurig here at home and just bought the big new commercial one for the office.

With the reusable filter you can use ANY coffee you want in the Keurig. You are not limited to what is available already in a K Cup.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:47 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
How good is that K-Cup hot chocolate? I had some at my doctor's office, and that alone is tempting me to buy one of these. But, I'll probably just hunker down, add a little bit more money, and get a real espresso machine instead.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM

258 posts, read 450,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
How good is that K-Cup hot chocolate? I had some at my doctor's office, and that alone is tempting me to buy one of these. But, I'll probably just hunker down, add a little bit more money, and get a real espresso machine instead.

The reusuable is news to me! Then I can't help OP

I've tried the hot chocolate before and I hated it. Tasted exactly like the hot chocolate powder mixed with hot water which is exactly what it is though... (assuming we're talking about the K-Cup pre-packaged hot chocolate cup) I stuck with drinking only teas after that. Orange or Green for me.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:46 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,956,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnella View Post
The reusuable is news to me! Then I can't help OP

I've tried the hot chocolate before and I hated it. Tasted exactly like the hot chocolate powder mixed with hot water which is exactly what it is though... (assuming we're talking about the K-Cup pre-packaged hot chocolate cup) I stuck with drinking only teas after that. Orange or Green for me.
Same here lol news to me!

And agree with the hot chocolate! I'm partial forever to Swiss Miss packages hehe

Old 04-12-2011, 02:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
There is a Keurig filter for you to use your own coffee in the Keurig. It's their K Cup reusable filter and this is it:

MY K-Cup Reusable Filter - Keurig.com

We have the deluxe Keurig here at home and just bought the big new commercial one for the office.

With the reusable filter you can use ANY coffee you want in the Keurig. You are not limited to what is available already in a K Cup.
That's exactly what I have, and I use it with with the Keurig B60 Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Brewer, and it makes a mess when I use it. I'm going to bring it back to the store and see if the salesman sold us the wrong one.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
You must remove the K- cup insert and replace with the gray filter insert then the filter! Did you get both parts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink