Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 12:20 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,648,987 times

Advertisements

When Wendy's (NYSE: WEN - News) created its Natural Cut Fries With Sea Salt, which it introduced last fall and is now promoting in new TV ads this week, the company's product development team found a way to leave the potato skins on, make the fries crispier and give them a much tastier flavor. What they didn't manage to do, however, is make the fries an actual all-natural product.

wendys-natural-cut-fries-bnet: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112557/wendys-natural-cut-fries-bnet - broken link)

Old 04-18-2011, 12:37 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,058,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
When Wendy's (NYSE: WEN - News) created its Natural Cut Fries With Sea Salt, which it introduced last fall and is now promoting in new TV ads this week, the company's product development team found a way to leave the potato skins on, make the fries crispier and give them a much tastier flavor. What they didn't manage to do, however, is make the fries an actual all-natural product.

wendys-natural-cut-fries-bnet: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112557/wendys-natural-cut-fries-bnet - broken link)
You really think any fast food fry is natural?
Why not make your own from real potatoes.

Plus this looks like an add for 5 guys

busta

Old 04-18-2011, 12:43 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,327,297 times
That's why if you're going to eat fastfood then you eat at In-N-Out. Nothing frozen there so they don't need the preservatives to keep them from turning brown. They make everything fresh when you order it so if you look in the back, and you can since it's all wide open for customers to see what the cooks are doing, there is probably some teenage kid manually putting whole potatoes into a french fry press making them right as you order them. The also only use all natural cotton seed oil so there is no need for the oil stablizers that the other fastfood places use so there is no chemicals at In-N-Out. As fastfood goes it really can't be beat.

I still don't know why anyone goes to 5 Guys as they're just bland, over cooked, over priced, sub par burgers. I suppose if I lived in fly over country with no better option then I'd go to 5 Guys but other then that...

Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 AM

1,882 posts, read 4,622,636 times
Amazing, fast food is not all natural. Let us all thank the press for informing us of such shocking news. Now I know why that guy that eats at FF restaurants all the time is a fat bastard.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,698,861 times
I'll take the 5 guys fries any day than the wendy's fries sprayed with chemicals so they look purdy in the fry cup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink