Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 08:42 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times

Advertisements

I rarely eat fast food anymore.

Will never touch Wendy's again after a bout of food poisoning that put me in the ER.

Years ago I used to like McD's French fries, but now they are even yuck.

Taco Bell around here is not reliable, they fouled the same order up three times in 20 minutes, I finally asked for my money back.

KFC here is a dump!

The owner of our Taco John's died, so we no longer have that.

Once in a blue moon I'll hit up Jack in the Box or BK.

Haven't been to Schlotzky's since the one here went franchise about four years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,648,977 times
The greatest fast food restaurant in the world, bar none, is in NYC. It's on the ground floor of a fairly smart hotel on W 57th called Le Parker Meridian. Known informaly as 'Burger Joint' (it doesn't have an official name) it is tucked round a corner behind a big brown curtain on the lobby level and is absolutely tiny. All they sell is hamburgers, cheeseburgers, a variety of condiments and chocolate brownies but they do some of the best food EVER (they've got all the basic soft drinks and Sam Adams on tap). McDonalds doesn't even compare.

If you hadn't heard of it prior to visiting the hotel the only way you'd know it is there is because of the little neon burger sign guiding the way. If you find yourself in New York you MUST go there. You won't be disappointed!

Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycew02 View Post
The greatest fast food restaurant in the world, bar none, is in NYC. It's on the ground floor of a fairly smart hotel on W 57th called Le Parker Meridian. Known informaly as 'Burger Joint' (it doesn't have an official name) it is tucked round a corner behind a big brown curtain on the lobby level and is absolutely tiny. All they sell is hamburgers, cheeseburgers, a variety of condiments and chocolate brownies but they do some of the best food EVER (they've got all the basic soft drinks and Sam Adams on tap). McDonalds doesn't even compare.

If you hadn't heard of it prior to visiting the hotel the only way you'd know it is there is because of the little neon burger sign guiding the way. If you find yourself in New York you MUST go there. You won't be disappointed!

thanks - I'll have to try it next time I'm in the city - never heard of it!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,648,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
thanks - I'll have to try it next time I'm in the city - never heard of it!
No problem, it's definately worth it. Here's the website.

(And sorry, it's Meridien, not Meridian.)

When you arrive it's very weird and there are usually small groups of people standing around in the lobby convinced that they've gone wrong (I was one of them the first time I went) because you'd never go looking for a burger bar there but it's an amazing little place.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:01 AM

26 posts, read 82,759 times
Bojangles should not be allowed to do business in this country. It has the worst fast food in the nation.

Cheeburger, Cheeburger is the best...especially in Annapolis. I am not a big fan of fast food though.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:28 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cri cri View Post
Bojangles should not be allowed to do business in this country. It has the worst fast food in the nation.

Cheeburger, Cheeburger is the best...especially in Annapolis. I am not a big fan of fast food though.

Bojangles chicken-lol- a greasy southern thing. I never eat fast food but wow- people where I live right now eat more fast food (like its the 70's or something) On one main road we have: Captain D's (fried seafood-ugh) ,BK,McD, Hardees, TacoBell, Pals, Amigos, KFC, Little Caesars,Chick-Fil-A,Pizza Inn, Pizza Hut,Long John Silvers, Pizza Plus,Krystal burgers,Wendys,Arbys and I'm sure there are even more but cant think of all of them! (Can you tell I live in the south).

Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quizno's (I will never eat at Subway again unless I'm famished and there's no dirt nearby to eat)

Chipotle

Culver's (Wisconsin-based burger-and-custard chain throughout the northern Midwest)

Oh, almost forgot, Baja Fresh

Last edited by Drover; 07-27-2007 at 12:58 AM..

Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times
Default Beaumont chain

Wothout a doubt-Jason Deli is the Sinatra of fast foodst

Old 07-29-2007, 07:20 PM

38,880 posts, read 22,864,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
I love White castle hamburgers!
I know that White Castle is based in the Midwest (Chicago?) and we don't have them out here in California. However, I have seen the White Castle hamburgers sold in our local supermarkets in the frozen food section. I even bought a box of the little hamburgers just to try them out. I think it would have been better if I had easy access to a White Castle restaurant, though, after trying the frozen ones from the store.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
They started in Ohio, I think. If you visit Cleveland or Cincinnati they have White Castle there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink