Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2007, 04:10 PM

690 posts, read 2,629,944 times

Advertisements

Only thing good about McDonald's is their fries - everything else, crap. I also hate Burger King, because it hates me. My stomach is not the same for at least one day after I eat there.

Love Whataburger. Yum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 12:52 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,359 times
Hardees, I had not been in one in about 6 months so I stopped into the one on Volunteer Pkwy in Bristol TN last week. At 1pm the breakfast menu was still up so when I asked to see a menu someone grabbed a broom and pushed the sign around, The women behind the counter was talking to me but the dialect was beyond understanding, I finally understood french fry so I nodded yes. I took the cup she gave me and pushed it against the ice dispenser and nothing so back to the counter where she went in the back and got me some. I was with my family and when food was brought out my wife and youngest son had nothing, they went to the counter and told them so they said they would bring it out, my son got his but they forgot my wife, she went to the counter but no one was there, through the door to the back room she saw all of them sitting in lawn chairs with their feet soaking in one of those plastic wading pools. I was laughing so hard I couldn't regain composure, the cook started screaming thats it I'm not putting up with this F-ing BS, we left and got in the car to leave but not before the cook kicked open the door to hardees and stood in front of our car and glared at us while smoking a cigarette. We were the only ones there so I know the work load wasn't overwhelming. I had to promise to never go back to another Hardees to stay in my wifes good graces...lol

Old 04-30-2008, 01:42 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
McDonald's seems to be one that either you love or you hate, with little neutral ground. In the Western US, In-And-Out Burger is a favorite with Wendy's doing OK also. Opinions?
My favorites:

Five Guys
Burger King
Dunkin Donuts
Hardee's (They are becoming few and far between, though)
Church's Chicken
Popeye's
Whataburger

Neutral

Quiznos and Subway-You take a gamble when going to either, so I stick with the ones I know Iwill get good food and service at.

Domino's and Papa John's are a gamble also and I prefer eating pizza from the local shops, as it is much better and fresher ingredients.

Worst:

McDonalds (I have not eaten here in a year and will never do so again-NASTY)
KFC (need I say more?)
Wendy's (After Dave Thomas died, the place went downhill fast)
Taco bell (Who knows what the heck is mixed with those tacos)
Long John Silvers (sea WHAT??)

A favorite when I was a kid was Burger Chef, but they are long gone

I have yet to try in-n-out, but I keep hearing they are good. I'm going to Houston this summer, so hopefully they have a location there.

I also used to like Der Weinersnitchel as well

I only eat fast food 1 or 2x a week now since I am trying to eat healthy, but when I do it's a treat.

Last edited by Gil3; 04-30-2008 at 02:03 PM..

Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
McDonald's seems to be one that either you love or you hate, with little neutral ground. In the Western US, In-And-Out Burger is a favorite with Wendy's doing OK also. Opinions?
Steak & Shake is good.
Wendy's is bad. (burgers are ALWAYS slightly pink)

Old 04-30-2008, 01:51 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
All fast food is bad for you and just short of being poisonous. But as far as pure taste is concerned - In N Out Burger is by far the best. I must admit, that I eat In N Out at least twice per month. Those double doubles are just so darn tasty.

Once or twice per year I'll treat myself to a Double Quarter Pounder at McDonalds. Sure it gives you diarrhea and upset stomach, but the taste is just heavenly.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:57 PM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Yeah, I agree: fast food is poison. But it sure can be tasty.

I love Taco Bell's food, but the MSG makes my head ache somethin' awful. Hardee's has pretty good burgers, and Subway is tolerable since I live in an area where you can't get real subs.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:00 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,945 times
Fast food isn't poison, eating too much of it is.(although I tend to agree that it is poison. )

Most fast food should come w/a roll of TP for me, like LJS(Long John S.). I can eat most any fast food, don't do it very often.......once a month maybe, but something about Wendy's I don't like. I don't know why but I don't like it, I'll eat it, just don't like it.

Sonic is one that I like, so is Arby's(pacifier till I make my own beef again).

I had McD's a few months ago, haven't had it for years, did not care for it at all. Fries good but I didn't care for the burger at all, son ate the rest of mine.

Burger King......yea, stick more onions on there so I can't taste anything but onions for a week, those people need to think about what they are doing.

Thats my rant.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 PM

634 posts, read 2,922,474 times
Best: Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell

Worst: Wendy's,

Old 05-02-2008, 05:27 PM

845 posts, read 2,743,651 times
I love Popeye's, Pollo Tropical, Burgerville and Steak and Shake.

I hate Wendy's, and Taco Bell.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,591,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
I have yet to try in-n-out, but I keep hearing they are good. I'm going to Houston this summer, so hopefully they have a location there.
Unfortunately, they don't have any locations in Texas. Arizona is about as close as they get at the moment. They are only in four states at this time, and that's only because they just opened their first restaurant in Utah a couple weeks ago. Other than that one, they are only in Arizona, Nevada, and California. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink