Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times

Advertisements

They're okay, but it's hard to find real maple syrup, which is essential, there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 AM

509 posts, read 1,167,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
The waffles were great.
The last waffle I let the pups share. They LOVED them .
Go figure...they are our kids. Waffle heads also
You know, after reading this I went straight to Amazon and ordered 3 cans, but then I noticed that with the "Original" you have to add water, milk, eggs, melted butter.... jeez I can just make the batter from scratch.

So I canceled my order.

I wonder why Amazon doesn't carry the "Complete" version of the mix (the one you just add water to). I noticed that the Carbon's website sells the tins singularly, but they don't have Super Saver Shipping and it would cost > $10 for one tin .

I guess I'll just keep an eye on Amazon to see if they ever start carrying the complete version.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:50 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,423,539 times
Yep. Worked at a hotel so I had those and fruit for breakfast five days a week. Love them! I added blueberries and pecans. Sometimes raisins and brown sugar. Working at the hotel (and being best friends with the Executive Chef) was nice because the kitchen was open to me so I could add what I wanted when I wanted and experiment. Love those things. Now I miss working!

Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times
Talking Pancakes & Waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Sillypups~~did you order the Golden Malted mix?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes I did,but the type is Gloden pancake & waffle FLOUR-- you just add water to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepossum View Post
You know, after reading this I went straight to Amazon and ordered 3 cans, but then I noticed that with the "Original" you have to add water, milk, eggs, melted butter.... jeez I can just make the batter from scratch.

So I canceled my order.

I wonder why Amazon doesn't carry the "Complete" version of the mix (the one you just add water to). I noticed that the Carbon's website sells the tins singularly, but they don't have Super Saver Shipping and it would cost > $10 for one tin .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't buy from Amazon. Found another site much cheaper. DM if you need any info.
BTW.... The site was wonderful had a toll free # to call for any ?'s. Which I did. In fact I called them twice. They were very helpful. It took a total of 2 days to receive this product. From the day i ordered it to the day I received it. It came from 1/2 way acroos the country.
So GREAT SERVICE I must add.

I guess I'll just keep an eye on Amazon to see if they ever start carrying the complete version.
I posted I bought them thru another site...NOT amazon. Amazon was more expensive.
Someone else posted they bought Target brand pancake & waffle mix. I haven't been to Target, but I plan to buy some of their pancaake & waffle mix to compare. They said they were as good as the waffles from the Hotel.

I bought Two---33 oz. cans of the Golden waffle & pancake flour- all you do is add water.
I also bought One---16 oz. can golden waffle & pancake mix- this one you add butter, milk & egg. I just thought I would compare the two types.
Hope this helps any confusion...

Old 07-21-2011, 01:55 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times
UPDATE

I took LargeKingCat advice...I went to target and bought their waffle & pancake mix (red & white box).
I made pancakes...Hubby LOVED them. They had a great taste. I added more water than it called for cause those pancakes really rise high.
Even adding the extra water they still were higher than he usually eats. They were awesome.
Great taste, not heavy at all... very light.

I haven't made the waffles yet with that brand. I hope to this weekend. Then I will report in.
Hubby wanted & had pancakes 3X this week . He can afford it No fat on that mans body.

If the waffles come out like the pancakes...then buying this mix will be a heck of a LOT cheaper to buy.

UNTIL LATER............................................. ........

Old 10-29-2013, 04:19 PM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillypups View Post
Has anyone ever had the waffles they make at several Hotels where you get a Breakfastfrom 6-10am with the price of your room, in their little dining area ?? You make the waffles yourself.
Last week we were in CO & NM. We had the BEST waffles... ever.
Better than IHOP... and I love their wafffles. I'm a waffle kind of girl
I found out that the Hotel uses a mix & just adds water to it. I found the mix on Amazon.

Has anyone tried this mix ? If so.... what did you think ???

Thanks...
I have had those waffles at a few different hotels and I liked them.

Old 11-28-2015, 02:20 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Just bought a waffle maker from amazon and a recipe book.

QUESTION: What is your favorite brand or recipe for WAFFLE BATTER?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-28-2015, 04:38 PM

4,326 posts, read 1,260,756 times
Does anyone like to add cinnamon to the waffle batter? It gives them a good flavor IMO. BTW Mike, I just buy Krusteaz waffle mix at Costco.

Last edited by JayInCA; 11-28-2015 at 05:21 PM..

Old 11-28-2015, 04:42 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,340,579 times
Just saw that this old thread has been revived (thanks, Mike!) and now I want waffles and pancakes! I make my own batter but did go back to Amazon to see their mixes and might try one.

Old 11-29-2015, 05:01 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
I travel for work, and my company always uses Courtyard by Marriott if available. They put me in Holiday Inn Express if Coutyard isn't available. I don't like HIE breakfast except for the pancakes......

Holiday Inn Express has a wonderful pancake machine for guests to use on their breakfast counter. You just push a button, and in one minute two pancakes come off the conveyor and drop onto your plate.

I would LOVE to buy one of these pancake machines for my home.

The only problem I that they don't have good maple syrup, just some kind of maple-flavored corn syrup in packets so I have to bring my own syrup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink