Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 03:03 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,341,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
We changed our lunch plants and got a Little Caesar's pizza for lunch. Hula Hawaiian. Added jalapeno peppers to mine and was happy with it. $7. It was actually better than the fine dining pizza place as well as the other chain places here.

Can I say Little Caesar's a guilty pleasure of mine since childhood school days? I especially enjoy their crispy, greasy, thin "pepperoni" slices.

And I also like Pizza Hut's crispy, greasy, deep dish crust. One time I even asked for them to make it extra crispy, only to see the "chef" chip out a spray can of oil(?) and gave it a healthy dousing prior to baking. LOL

Ummm...crispy and greasy...

(Unfortunately, can't eat much of either now, with an older, aging body.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:18 AM

14,498 posts, read 9,377,073 times
I can't remember ever having their pizza, but I do have to say that Little Caesars has by far the best logo - love it!

Old 01-27-2018, 10:38 AM

87,949 posts, read 83,773,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastPatriot View Post
Thats very surprising ... Myself and everyone else ( yes incuding Yelp reviews )

Little Caesars and another local chain Alfys are the worst pizzas around, its no secret as everyone knows and the empty parking lots and stores reflect that sentiment. The Alfys near me actually closed within the past couple years business was so poor.

I guess maybe in other areas some stores could very well make a good pizza. Obvious they are profittable somehow or would declare bankrupcy and fold.

Myself I distinctly remember my 1 and only Little Caesars experiment and that's all it took for me. That was 20 yrs ago and I have not even thought for a sec about trying them again
I can't remember if I ever went to a Little Caesers. Not sure if/where one is around here.

If I did, I wouldn't tell anyone. I live in New Jersey, and socially-acceptable people here do not go to chain pizza stores.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:12 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,819,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If I did, I wouldn't tell anyone. I live in New Jersey, and socially-acceptable people here do not go to chain pizza stores.
I grew up in New Jersey, and I did not eat chain pizza until I was in my 40s, no longer in NJ/NY, and only because it was delivered, which my favorite was not.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:30 PM

87,949 posts, read 83,773,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
I grew up in New Jersey, and I did not eat chain pizza until I was in my 40s, no longer in NJ/NY, and only because it was delivered, which my favorite was not.
My exh and I tried Domino's years ago when it was first new. Our regular pizza place always had about an hour backup for delivery, and sometimes we wanted it faster. The thin crust and the wings were not too bad. That was in the 80s.

I also tried Pizza Hut when one first opened near me in the 1990s, they said they couldn't deliver because I was not in their area, although I knew I was. The crust was thick and doughy and it tasted undercooked overall. The next time I thought I would try it, Lord knows why, I went in to the shop and pointed out on THEIR delivery map posted on the wall where I lived, and the kid asked me if I was sure I lived on the Greenwood Avenue in my town and not the Greenwood Avenue in the adjacent town, because they didn't deliver to that town. I told him I was pretty sure I knew which town I lived in.

Then I asked the kid behind the counter if they could cook it a little more this time, and he said no, because the pizzas are frozen and placed on a conveyor belt and it's all timed. I guess I didn't realize till then that Pizza Hut was just frozen pizza, and I was appalled. I said no thanks, and I haven't had it since.

When I moved to Monmouth County, I got a coupon for a Papa John's, so I tried that. Awful. Mentioned it to my landlord, who laughed and said, "Stewed tomatoes on spongecake." Right on the money. He pointed me in the direction of a real pizza place in town.

There's no reason to eat in such places unless you come from a foreign country or parts of this country that don't know what pizza is supposed to taste like.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 01-27-2018 at 12:39 PM..

Old 01-27-2018, 12:41 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,449,020 times
Papa Murphys!

Old 01-27-2018, 01:04 PM

155 posts, read 131,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Papa Murphys!
Yea Papa Murphys is OK for what it is ... an alternative to eating out for pizza or waiting an hour for a not so great pie to get delivered to you.

I went thru a phase back in the late 90s up till 2002ish where I was eating a Papa Murphys pizza just about once a week.

They had opened a new franchise location next to me that was clean - had a great owner who employed really nice kids to work it. There was also a non stop stream of coupons in every mass mailer or news paper flaunting good discounts on all of the pizzas.

They may have used different ingredients back then or maybe I was just more lax in my judging of pizza.

These days the few local Papa Murphys around are a mess. Bad owner ship - messy stores and they have raised the price of the pizzas so much that even with coupons its hard to justify the cost. I get maybe 1 a year from them, sometimes less often than that.

I can swing by the Costco food court after ordering one on the phone ahead of time and pay 10 bucks for a pizza that is larger than every other chains large pizza and made from fresher ingredients. So they are not only cheaper, but bigger and better. The only down side is no custimized orders. They make 2-3 basic models of pizza and you pick the one you want.

I go thru pizza phases thru the year. rarely between spring and summer am I craving pizza. Typically fall and football season brings on the urge. It seems that every Sept - Oct I eat alot of pizzas then get burned out on them as the holidays approach and then may or may not in feb - March start craving them again. usually then I am worried about shedding some winter weight so I opt to skip late winter pizza cravings.

A real nice Neapolitan (sp?) stone fired pizza is a whole nother animal and I could eat a few slices of one of them anytime with a cold brew !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink