Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 03:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
1.Overcooked pasta, I cannot eat it, period.
2.Almost every canned food (other than San Marzano tomatoes): after being immersed in a liquid, full of preservatives environment for God knows how long, nothing is tasty.
3.Food swimming in sauce, am I supposed to taste the food or the sauce?
4.Fake mayonnaise. Real, pure mayonnaise is a wonderful, delicate thing, but that fake thing is horrendous!
5.Any kind of viscera.
6.Anything one adds water to, microwaves, and it is ready in less than 10 minutes!
7.Flavored stuff in general: if I want strawberry milk, I buy milk and strawberries. Separately.
8.Anything that says "-free". If it is fat free, the manufacturer will likely compensate it with loads of sugar, or vice-versa. Lose-lose situation, at least for me.
9.Anything minced. God knows what kind of meat/chicken/fish ended up on those nuggets.
10.Anything loaded (heavily!) with sodium. I love salt and have to make smart choices when it comes to high sodium intake, so I prefer to have salty stuff I can easily spot and love (e.g. prosciutto) than food that has a ton of sodium and I am absolutely unaware of.
Fat free, fat reduced, all the same and you are right: take out the fat and/or salt add the damn sugar. Let me have the real stuff. If I need to have smaller portions, that is fine, just don't take my flavor. You and I seem to share many of the same tastes.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,813,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
I have always disliked almost all varieties of beans, they taste like dirt to me. I eat a lot of strange stuff, but I just can't stand beans
My husband says the same thing about beans. If they taste like dirt why does he ask me to make my baked beans all the time? I guess if you add bacon, onions, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, and a few other ingredients they don't taste like dirt anymore.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:25 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,059,784 times
I can't stand stuff like canteloupe and honeydew. It's spit-it-out bad to me. When a restaurant uses it for garnish, I have to remove it from my plate, because just smelling it makes the rest of my food taste bad to me. It looks delicious - beautiful colors - but tastes nasty!

I also don't like eggplant.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 PM

1,753 posts, read 4,250,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
My husband says the same thing about beans. If they taste like dirt why does he ask me to make my baked beans all the time? I guess if you add bacon, onions, brown sugar, BBQ sauce, and a few other ingredients they don't taste like dirt anymore.
I suspect a liberal application of bacon, onions, brown sugar & BBQ sauce would make even dirt taste good

Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
I also agree with the canned fish. If I wanted to eat something that smelled and looked like cat food, I'd eat cat food.

My other "will not eat" foods:

Organs of any kind
Eggs
Most vegetables (easier to list the ones I DO eat which is: lettuce, parsnips, potatoes and though technically a fruit, cucumbers - I'll also eat zucchini though I don't love it)
Bottom feeders/shellfish
Lamb
Anything spicy
Wow, how could you come up with a list of all of my favorite foods. Wiver......I luv Wiver. Lamb........wow, them juicy goat-type animals are great so many ways. I love veggies a lot better than fruit. And Eggly-Wegglies......them little, round, animal-type edibles.....one of my favorites.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
amazing how diffferent our taste buds are: I love eggs, all cheese and canned tuna (if it is good quality) and Mayo is my staple for so much.

Foods that I just can hardly eat or maybe not at all:

tongue
okra (I am trying)
homony but I don't mind grits.
sugar in cold slaw
tripe (I guess all organ foods except chicken and turkey livers)
Miracle whip (spelling)
Mincemeat
I love tongue, it is one of my favorites, just too expensive nowadays. I hate mayo. Love organ meats........wiver, yummo.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
The dried kale chips my girlfriend made at my house yesterday! BLEEEEECH!!!!!

Yuck, your GF must be some sort of hippie........KALE CHIPS.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Peas-they turn to green mush. EW
Brusselsprouts-they just taste awful!
smelly fish-I can't have any weird fish smells in the home.
Sour Kraut-Now I've heard that my family history as some German in it, however that German did not reach my genes. Good god does it stink and taste terrible. The Sausages though? MMM love me those sausages.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Having had a cast iron stomach for many moons, I can eat lots of stuff people dislike that has been listed here. Only one thing I could not, would not, cannot, or will not ever eat. That is squash.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Having had a cast iron stomach for many moons, I can eat lots of stuff people dislike that has been listed here. Only one thing I could not, would not, cannot, or will not ever eat. That is squash.
Oh yeah, you mean the little baby-pigeon type bird??? I thought they were a delicacy???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink