Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 06:59 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,586,237 times

Advertisements

Seeing Bosco brought back memories, not of the chocolate, but of a family owned store in upstate NY. When I lived there, that's the only place I bought meat. It was just excellent, along with their home made Italian bread.

I must admit I've never heard of Bosco chocolate. I did drink a lot of Ovaltine growing up. Maybe it was because of the secret decoder ring..

Bosco & Geers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 04:23 AM

50,073 posts, read 63,428,947 times
Was Bosco a New England thing? I don't think I've heard of it since I was a kid. I remember coming home from school at lunchtime and watching Big Brother on a Boston station, whose sponsor was Bosco.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:03 AM

16,894 posts, read 16,023,708 times
I had the jar with the clown-head pump on it; I think that was a big part of my love for it.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:09 AM

44,282 posts, read 19,943,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I had the jar with the clown-head pump on it; I think that was a big part of my love for it.
I remember that so well! When I was growing up, we always had one of those clown Bosco bottles around. It was so fun to make chocolate milk or put chocolate on ice cream using the clown bottle! Sweet memory!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,034,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Was Bosco a New England thing? I don't think I've heard of it since I was a kid. I remember coming home from school at lunchtime and watching Big Brother on a Boston station, whose sponsor was Bosco.
Nope. We had it in SoCal.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:54 PM

16,368 posts, read 30,102,520 times
Quote:
It was in the Midwest in the 60s. I remember the Bosco bear and that with a purchase, you could get a key to the Cincinnati Zoo that would allow you to activate an audio program.

I guess that it did not take much to impress us back them.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:36 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,723,422 times
Quote:
No, we had it in Texas. I remember it, but we never bought it that I recall. We always had to get Nestle Quik, probably because it was cheaper, would be my guess. I've seen Bosco somewhere recently, but I don't recall where.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:51 PM

238 posts, read 226,409 times
I have never actually had it, but I saw it today with my girls in our Big Lots seemed pretty cheap (under $2). Our Big Lots is smaller with just a tiny section for food, so probably most of them would have it.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:42 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,298,337 times
Don't you just hate when stores stop carrying something for seemingly no good reason? I think it is just that they get a better deal on an item from a vendor. Mostly when that vendor is one of the big ones.... Kraft, Lays, etc. they stop carrying the more "local" (usually) brand. the little guy gets shoved aside for the shelf space. Thus the reason I like to shop at the smaller chain stores not so much at the national chain groceries. They carry the "small" brands that the super mega-marts will not deal with. These little chain stores may also be willing to order certain things for you. Someone I know that works for a grocery chain told me to ask this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink