Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2012, 07:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

we will go simple tonight: I have made a tuna cassarole and we will have a green salad. Today is bridge lunchean day, so it is eat light for dinner.

Nita

Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieGermany View Post
Dinner for my husband is ready. I already had some potatoe soup now :-) (3:48pm)
Is that a hot dog or Bratwurst? I am always looking for German recipes.

MMMM! what is that soup? it looks very good. I'd love the recipe if you'll share it

Old 08-24-2012, 09:41 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Tonight I'll stop at Zunzi's (top 3 on the Travel Channel top sandwiches) and pick up 2 Conquistadores for dinner. Mmmm.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Despite the heat, I felt like making vegetable beef soup. I just finished removing the meat from the soup bones and am chopping up onions, carrots, celery, cabbage, rutabaga, and a red potato. Should be ready to eat in about 90 min. Garlic bread on the side.
That sounds good. I've had some stew beef in the freezer for a couple weeks, but still haven't gotten the stew made.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:53 AM

83 posts, read 101,395 times
Default Last Night's Dinner

Mmmm-------Seared Scallops With Pine Nut Spinach, Basmati Rice with red peppers, Green Salad with Tomato, Chardonnay Wine
Attached Thumbnails
NEW: What's on Tonight's Dinner Menu?-download.jpg  

Old 08-24-2012, 10:03 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,721 times
Tonight I will be grilling something called "mustard steak". It's not a steak it's a chuck roast. I marinade the meat (overnight) with simple yellow mustard, granulated garlic and onion, worchestershire sauce and a little soy sauce.

We are also having baked potatos, corn on the cobb, marinaded mushrooms and carmalized onions (placed on top of the meat).

Old 08-24-2012, 10:32 AM

633 posts, read 1,735,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
MMMM! what is that soup? it looks very good. I'd love the recipe if you'll share it
this is a original Frankfurter Würstchen ( original Sausage from Frankfurt) i try to translate the recipe, following in a few minutes...

Old 08-24-2012, 10:58 AM

633 posts, read 1,735,181 times
okay:

what you need is on the first picture:

you need for 4 persons:

1) 2.6lb floury potatoes
2) the half amount of carrots
3) 1 leek ( is that correct?)
4) 3 onions
5) salt, pepper, nutmeg
6) 17 oz full milk
7) a bunch of fresh parsley
8) some sour cream
9) a very german thing for the taste: MAGGI ( do you know this? :-)

You need 2 pots:
In the first pot boil the potatoes and onions in salty water. Use enough salt, otherwise the soup will taste watery!!!
As soon as the potatoes are soft ( done) remove from oven, put in a strainer and return into pot. Chop the parsley and add milk to pot, puree everything together and set aside.

Second pot: Cook carrots with the leek in salty water ( cannot go in only one pot because of different cooking times)
as soon as carrots are soft, remove from oven, put in a strainer but KEEP 17 to 20 oz of the broth!!! Return carrots to pot and puree also. Like shown on picture 6 now put both pots in one pot!

Now add the broth to your own liking. If you like soup less or more thick. Stir in the sour cream and season with nutmeg, salt, pepper and MAGGI ( when you have). Serve with sausages. Frankfurter or Wiener.

That`s it. If the soup is still to thick ( we like the potatoe soup thick) and dont have more leftover broth, you can use some instant vegetable broth or some more milk.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,029,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieGermany View Post
okay:

what you need is on the first picture:

you need for 4 persons:

1) 2.6lb floury potatoes
2) the half amount of carrots
3) 1 leek ( is that correct?)
4) 3 onions
5) salt, pepper, nutmeg
6) 17 oz full milk
7) a bunch of fresh parsley
8) some sour cream
9) a very german thing for the taste: MAGGI ( do you know this? :-)

You need 2 pots:
In the first pot boil the potatoes and onions in salty water. Use enough salt, otherwise the soup will taste watery!!!
As soon as the potatoes are soft ( done) remove from oven, put in a strainer and return into pot. Chop the parsley and add milk to pot, puree everything together and set aside.

Second pot: Cook carrots with the leek in salty water ( cannot go in only one pot because of different cooking times)
as soon as carrots are soft, remove from oven, put in a strainer but KEEP 17 to 20 oz of the broth!!! Return carrots to pot and puree also. Like shown on picture 6 now put both pots in one pot!

Now add the broth to your own liking. If you like soup less or more thick. Stir in the sour cream and season with nutmeg, salt, pepper and MAGGI ( when you have). Serve with sausages. Frankfurter or Wiener.

That`s it. If the soup is still to thick ( we like the potatoe soup thick) and dont have more leftover broth, you can use some instant vegetable broth or some more milk.
MAGGI: Maggi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-24-2012, 11:38 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,874,995 times
Tonight, I am going to have a mince burger with tobacco onions and tomato sauce along with some chips. Yes i'm sure you can tell by now I like chips.

Won't be ready for 20 mins or so though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink