Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,777,350 times

Advertisements

I often read about how Americans consume too much sugar, and it contributes to weight gain.

What about this....suppose you only ate sugary things for breakfast...in the morning....but don't eat them for lunch, and most certainly don't eat them in the evening...?

Not saying to make breakfast all sugars....but if you like sodas and cake and candy, eat them only in the morning, not at lunch or dinner.

This way you not only get an extra "kick" to get your day started, but also you have the whole day to burn off the calories.

Sound like a win-win situation? or am i missing something?

Please advise.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,826,650 times
I personally tend to get cravings for sugar (and chocolate) in the mornings for some reason so I'll buy a donut or a small carton if ice cream in the mornings. For me it's the only time I really eat sweets and I don't have a problem with weight gain (but I have a fast metabolism and work nights anyway).

Old 09-20-2011, 06:01 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
I often read about how Americans consume too much sugar, and it contributes to weight gain.

What about this....suppose you only ate sugary things for breakfast...in the morning....but don't eat them for lunch, and most certainly don't eat them in the evening...?

Not saying to make breakfast all sugars....but if you like sodas and cake and candy, eat them only in the morning, not at lunch or dinner.

This way you not only get an extra "kick" to get your day started, but also you have the whole day to burn off the calories.

Sound like a win-win situation? or am i missing something?

Please advise.

Thanks!
NO! That's the worst thing you can do b/c your body has gone w/o food all night and then you're going to put sugar in it first thing? It will drive your blood sugar and cravings for the rest of the day. It would be better to have dessert after dinner, just as your mother always told you b/c the dinner, assuming that it's balanced, will keep your blood sugar at a more even keel. In fact, one of the low carb diets, Carbohydrate Addicts, advises you to eat low carb for breakfast and lunch, and then for dinner you eat 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs, 1/4 salad and 1/4 veg. The 1/4 carbs can include dessert and believe it or not, you can lose pretty much weight on that diet.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:24 AM

50,366 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I do not like anything sweet in the morning. It puts me into a coma. However, about 4pm I like a jolt of sugar...like maybe a couple of cookies, and it perks me up. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink