U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 04:22 PM

10,263 posts, read 11,304,041 times

Advertisements

Online restaurant reservation site OpenTable has announced its Top 50 "Fit for Foodies" restaurants. The below list was compiled from over 10 million reviews submitted by diners between September 2010 and August 2011.
Crowd-sourced lists can sometimes be troublesome. But this list narrows in on a lot of great spots, though you'll be hard-pressed to find a restaurant on this list that hasn't already gotten its fair share of accolades. They may not be under-the-radar spots, but there's often a reason that a place stays popular after it's been discovered. (Hint: that means the food is good!)

OpenTable Names Its Top 50 U.S. Restaurants 'For Foodies'
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 04:28 PM
B4U

3,612 posts, read 7,677,562 times
Wow, I'm surprise to see many more Ca. locations than NY. And how far down the French Laundry is. Maybe the economy has even the affluent checking their wallets.

Thanks for posting,f.p.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:47 PM

3,477 posts, read 8,183,265 times
That is an interesting list. I'm not surprised that the French Laundry is so far down, you can only post a review on Open Table if you book the reservation through them and the French Laundry is a tough reservation to get online.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:19 PM

23,417 posts, read 34,335,378 times
The list was arranged in alphabetical order.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:03 PM
B4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post

LoL! You are RIGHT!

Old 09-23-2011, 06:20 PM

3,477 posts, read 8,183,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Duh! Thanks!

Old 09-23-2011, 06:47 PM

15,861 posts, read 32,789,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
Online restaurant reservation site OpenTable has announced its Top 50 "Fit for Foodies" restaurants. The below list was compiled from over 10 million reviews submitted by diners between September 2010 and August 2011.
Crowd-sourced lists can sometimes be troublesome. But this list narrows in on a lot of great spots, though you'll be hard-pressed to find a restaurant on this list that hasn't already gotten its fair share of accolades. They may not be under-the-radar spots, but there's often a reason that a place stays popular after it's been discovered. (Hint: that means the food is good!)

OpenTable Names Its Top 50 U.S. Restaurants 'For Foodies'
Holy mother of God. The Bibou serves Maine Skate Wing. Do an "image search on "Skate wing". I cannot imagine people EATING THAT.

Veal Cheeks
Pig's feet.

These people are out of their ever-loving minds. Skate wing...ecccchhhhhh

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-23-2011, 06:54 PM

23,417 posts, read 34,335,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Holy mother of God. The Bibou serves Maine Skate Wing. Do an "image search on "Skate wing". I cannot imagine people EATING THAT.

Veal Cheeks
Pig's feet.

20yrsinBranson
I would bet money you have eaten what you thought were scallops, and were actually little circles stamped out of skate.
Picky eaters.
Go figure.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:09 PM
B4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

Veal Cheeks
Pig's feet.

20yrsinBranson

I've had a fabulous Skate recipe that's about 6 yrs old from Lidia Bastianich for skate. But the fish mongers don't have it and I'd pay restaurant price to get it. It had to be "deboned" by me, like cuttle or squid, but yummmmy! I noticed the recipe said "bone-in". While eating out & paying the prices, I want mine "de-boned", thank you very much.

And I don't know why they don't carry it here.
I can go to the Naples Pier or Tigertail Beach on Marco Island any day of the week and see them just wallowing in the shallow waters.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 PM

4,196 posts, read 5,820,778 times
The thing about Skate is out of all sea faring creatures, Skate spoils very fast.
It has to be served very fresh very fast and it also has the ugly habbit of peeing through it's skin..
So it can and sometimes does if not handled properly taste or smell like amonia..

You will notice the same thing with shark... There are just some sharks people just do not eat..at least in the United States..

I remember going shark fishing like 25 years ago way out in the blue waters off Montauk... We caught like 30 Blue Shark and the skipper of the boat made us cut and release them.. He said you cant eat them so why kill them...

We sure kept that Mako though..

Maybe it's the slime, I dunno.
I remember eating fresh eel and seeing smoked eel I never remember anyone bringing one home that didnt move a little after it was skinned gutted and frying...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink