Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 AM

454 posts, read 793,837 times

Advertisements

Never a coffee drinker (love the smell, can't stand the taste)... i've been drinking tea since 5 years old; simply cannot start the day without a cup. Irish Breakfast, English Breakfast, Green w/lemon, or my most fav, Oolong! lots of sugar and hot & strong and i'm ready for the day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 03:16 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
My favorite tea variety is Assam. Sometimes I'll have it with a splash of milk, but usually I drink tea black.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:37 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Love oolong too.

Funny, I have always thought coffee smelled much better that it tastes!

quote=SandyLuvsToTravel;21538902]Never a coffee drinker (love the smell, can't stand the taste)... i've been drinking tea since 5 years old; simply cannot start the day without a cup. Irish Breakfast, English Breakfast, Green w/lemon, or my most fav, Oolong! lots of sugar and hot & strong and i'm ready for the day [/quote]

Old 11-02-2011, 03:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I like tea, but not usually in the morning. It's more a relaxing activity for me, to unwind and warm up when I get home from work on a cold day, etc. It's not really my "get up and go" ritual. Also, the tannins tend to upset my stomach when it's empty, so I don't like to drink it for breakfast.

I prefer black teas, fruit teas (which are usually black tea bases with dried fruit and spices mixed in with the leaves), and some herbal "teas" (actually infusions if they don't contain any tea leaves). Peppermint and spearmint ones are great, chamomile makes me a little nauseous, although I once had a chamomile that was blended with lavender that was great and so fragrant. I do like rooibos.

Green tea has some chemical compound in it that makes me super nauseous. I can't really drink it at all. Plus, it tastes too lawn clipping-y to me. White tea is very bland, to me.

I prefer loose tea to bags, because in most cases, bagged tea is practically tea dust, and makes flat, flavorless tea. Whole dried leaves that have been sealed well to keep them fresh are much more flavorful. There are some bagged teas that I'll tolerate, mostly by Republic of Tea or Harney & Sons, but both brands also sell loose tea as well, which is better. I use a mesh tea ball, and brew it in a single or double-serving pot.

I don't sweeten my tea, with the exception of chai, which I sometimes put honey in, but I often do add half & half. Same as my coffee. Yes to cream, no to sweetener.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:52 PM

866 posts, read 1,137,566 times
I drink mostly herb teas(celestial seasonings) or Hot chocolate
Favorites are Peppermint-hot or cold, green tea with honey,chamomile at night. most fruit teas are good either hot or cold.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Peppermint tea is good if your stomach is upset. I like Twinings--their peppermint is the strongest one I've found in the general stores. But, there's a peppermint that's medicinal, forget the company. I get it at Sprout's once in a while. It's expensive, but good.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyLuvsToTravel View Post
Irish Breakfast,
Yup, Twinings Irish Breakfast, that's my stuff!

I love green tea the most. Loose is best, but that's more of a treat.

Someone else mentioned Red Zinger, mmm, that's a good one served cold.

Not a fan of milk or sugar, but definitely honey!

I'm currently sick, so I'm drinking a homemade turmeric & ginger root tea...oh yeah, there's plenty of honey in that one...lol ^_^

Old 11-03-2011, 09:09 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I am sipping "Get Relaxed" tea right now.

I have never liked Earl Grey tea, smells and tastes like meds to me.

Maybe it was this thread, or the weather, but I ordered a bunch of new tea today. Looking forward to a long winter, sipping tea.
http://www.kusmitea.com/en

Last edited by jasper12; 11-03-2011 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: added my favorite tea website

Old 11-06-2011, 08:23 AM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,369 times
I love Constant Comment with a packet of sweet n low and a splash of milk.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:40 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Chamomile makes me faintly nauseous....but most teas I can find something to enjoy about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Yes, there is a health food store that has tons of loose teas, made with fresh herbs. When I was little my Grandma used to make us fresh chamomile tea. Grandma's always seem to know everything. We had "high" tea at Grandma's house, with cucumber sandwiches, lemon tarts, strawberries, served in the dining room, on fancy china. And a white table cloth. There was always time for tea at Grandma's house. We would have such a wonderful tea, that we would just eat an apple and cheese for dinner. Tea was the main meal, at around 300.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink