Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2019, 02:15 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That would be me when I visit.
Oh man, me too! I feel like a tourist whenever I go to TJ's. Oooohing, Ahhhing, staring at things for ages. I need to get a grip. lol.

Just delved into my stash and love the Everything But the Bagel spice. Just turned tomatoes on toast into a very delicious snack.

Also the whole milk yoghurt. Peach, Mango, insanely good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2019, 10:51 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Truffle-flavored Marcona almonds. They. Are. Amazing.
Ok, so I was just about to give up finding these on my last trip to TJ's, when I spotted them in the nut display. They were pricy, but all marcona almonds are. At first, I started popping them into my mouth, thinking, what's the big deal? I ate about 1/4 of the package and set them aside. The next time I had some, I went through twice as much, and then finished them off at school the next day. All along I was like, yeah, these are alright, I'm not going to break my neck doing backflips over them though. I was thinking, is this like that 'better than sex cake' all my colleagues were raving about?

And tonight, more than a month later, I'm craving them so badly. I can still remember every sensation as I ate them. Not many foods have this affect on me! This might bankrupt my food budget.

Old 03-28-2019, 08:41 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
I recently tried their Greek Salad in the pre-made salad section. It is sooo good! The dressing is excellent and they put a lot of feta in the salad. I ate two of them this week. It has romaine with a bit of red cabbage, chopped red bell peppers, a few kalamata olives, some red onion, feta cheese, and dressing. Its not that exciting but its a really good combination of flavors for a pre-made salad.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:22 AM

10 posts, read 2,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, in my area the ALDI's have been remodeled and a nice new one just opened near me, and they are now getting closer and closer to Trader Joe's in their offerings. I haven't been to a Trader Joe's in many months, ALDI suits my needs. Between ALDI and Publix I have no need to go elsewhere.

we don't have Publix so our go to store is Aldi's, but I do not think it compares with Trader Joes. I love Aldi's, it is just a different type of store. I compare Trader Joe"s more with Fresh Market but not quite as pricey.

For the few people here who are not impressed with T.Js you are not alone. We were at happy hour with about 10 people a couple of nights ago. One gal made a point of stressing how much she didn't care for T.Js and the other 9 people just stared at her. Of curse she had only been there once and admits she didn't take time to really pay much attention. She is a Sprouts fan.

Nita

Old 03-30-2019, 12:39 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,544,248 times
Ok, just tried something else - the slim version of Joe-Joe's cookies. These are super addictive. Basically a mock Oreo cookie. The slim version is much better, in my opinion. Not sure why, but I've almost finished a whole box in the past three days.

https://www.traderjoes.com/FearlessFlyer/Article/4710

Old 03-30-2019, 01:44 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,503,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I recently tried their Greek Salad in the pre-made salad section. It is sooo good! The dressing is excellent and they put a lot of feta in the salad. I ate two of them this week. It has romaine with a bit of red cabbage, chopped red bell peppers, a few kalamata olives, some red onion, feta cheese, and dressing. Its not that exciting but its a really good combination of flavors for a pre-made salad.
I seldom buy the premade salads, but the Chicken Caesar and Chinese Chicken salads are both excellent. I usually add one to some more romaine lettuce at home to make salad for two.

Old 03-30-2019, 04:44 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Something called cotton candy grapes were on sale a while back, wonder if they still sell them.

Old 03-31-2019, 03:51 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Roasted potatoes with peppers and onions in the frozen section. Absolutely great flavor at a low price, goes with anything.

Old 03-31-2019, 04:35 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Ok, so I was just about to give up finding these on my last trip to TJ's, when I spotted them in the nut display. They were pricy, but all marcona almonds are. At first, I started popping them into my mouth, thinking, what's the big deal? I ate about 1/4 of the package and set them aside. The next time I had some, I went through twice as much, and then finished them off at school the next day. All along I was like, yeah, these are alright, I'm not going to break my neck doing backflips over them though. I was thinking, is this like that 'better than sex cake' all my colleagues were raving about?

And tonight, more than a month later, I'm craving them so badly. I can still remember every sensation as I ate them. Not many foods have this affect on me! This might bankrupt my food budget.
Yeah, they're PRICEY. But I only eat a few and really savor them. Almonds are very filling if you pace yourself. I like making a small cheese plate, with some crackers, cheeses, fruit and olives and just having the truffle almonds with that.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:31 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Various condiments and frozen dinners. The nearest one is about a hundred miles from me. The raisin bagels are good. I like TJ, but prefer Whole Foods if it was either/or.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products