Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:51 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times

Advertisements

The professional models have all metal gears, the Artisan comes in prettier colors but doesn't stand up to hard usage.

I've had an artisan mixer for five years...hubby bought it for me because I liked the color, long before I knew what kind of mixer I wanted. By the time he bought it, I already knew I wanted something more heavy-duty, but I've just been really carefull with this one to make it last. It sounds a little rougher than it did when I got it (had a run-in with a tough batch of marzipan), but still mixes well. I want to get a bigger one soon.

I also have one of those old Kitchen Aid mixers that was made by Hobart...got it on Craigslist for $25. The hubby says it looks too old and junky for our new kitchen (it's missing some paint and the bowl is a little beat up), so I usually keep it stashed away as a backup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 10:35 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post

I also have one of those old Kitchen Aid mixers that was made by Hobart...got it on Craigslist for $25.
Good buy! I found mine on Ebay 12 years ago for 200 bucks.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:04 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
In general, you cannot do wrong with a KitchenAid mixer. They are almost indestructible.

The ONLY brand that I believe is better is the Hobart mixers, the finest brand of COMMERCIAL mixers. If you make a lot of large batches of bread and the like, the Hobart mixers do a great job. If you have the time to look at restaurant liquidation auctions, you can find a great deal on one of these.

5 Quart Mixer | Hobart Corporation
I'd consider one of those when we do the kitchen addition & remodel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawl_rawr View Post
Trust that the irony isn't escaping me. Such a heroine on a domesticated product but I still want one regardless.

Here's a link to a few others with a decor

Happy Go Marni: I Want a Wonder Woman KitchenAid Stand Mixer and I'm Ready to Fly to Brazil to Get It | Baking, Recipes, Happiness

That's freakin' cool! But I still wouldn't trade it for my pink one. I keep finding excuses to use it. So much for my and my husband's weight loss!

Old 11-23-2011, 12:00 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,887,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Glad you posted this. I had a Mix Master and I think it had a dial on the back for the speed. It worked great. Wish I had one now. Hey, that's what Ebay is for.
That's what I have now, and that's where I got it!! Lovely 70's avocado green too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink