Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
there will always be pizza places that are cheaper than another, I think the point here is: normally, compared to many chains whether small or large Papa Murphy's is relatively inexpensive. We have Caseys country stores here now (I don't know about where you live) their pizzas run about $10 for 1 topping, Razonback Pizza, a local chain is about $16 to $20 for a decent pizza. I could go on and on. Papa Murphy's Cowboy family sized pizza would be similar (toppings wise) to what you are getting with a coupon for $10. I don't think that would make Papa Murphy's really expensive like was originally posted.

NIta

I can get a better pizza here in Chicago COOKED for what a refrigerated pizza costs at Papa Murphy's. I am going with the better cooked pizza. Besides, I want the local guys to stay in business as he makes a better product.

By the way, my local Italian market makes a COAL-FIRED pizza that is phenomenal that is also cheaper than Papa Murphy's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 09:42 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,058,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
Totinos.
I can buy like ten of them for ten bucks on a good day at the market.
And the market is closer to my cardboard box than any pizzeria.
And where do you cook it?

Those pizzas have been $1 forever.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,893,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
With Papa Murphy's absolutely everywhere why would you want a frozen pizza.
We don't have Papa Murphy's in my state, I don't think anywhere on the east coast does, they aren't quite "everywhere". We have authentic Italian restaurants everywhere instead. But Papa Murphy's isn't quite in the same league as a true restaurant, they don't really use the highest quality ingredients in their pizza. A real Italian restaurant would use olive oil and fresh ingredients, like fresh garlic and onions, tomatoes, freshly grated cheese.....whereas Papa Murphys pizza has lots of corn syrup, dehydrated onions, preservatives, soybean oil....I think of it as frozen pizza not yet frozen. I imagine they get their pizza crusts etc. prepackaged from the factory and just add the wet ingredients like soybean oil etc. Kind of like buying a cake mix, baking the cake and calling it from scratch. LOL

Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Murphy is an Irish name, as far as I know I don't know may Irish people that can make a good authentic pizza, leave that to us Italians LOL

Old 12-20-2011, 02:30 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Murphy is an Irish name, as far as I know I don't know may Irish people that can make a good authentic pizza, leave that to us Italians LOL

Anybody can make the best pizza in the world. Italians can screw it up just like anyone else!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:44 PM

577 posts, read 992,125 times
Eating a frozen pizza you've purchased at the market will never compare to pizza from a restaurant/pizza chain. Frozen pizza to me is much like can spaghetti/pasta. It's not the real thing. You know it's not the real thing. But it's ok when your pressed for time and want something quick.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I can get a better pizza here in Chicago COOKED for what a refrigerated pizza costs at Papa Murphy's. I am going with the better cooked pizza. Besides, I want the local guys to stay in business as he makes a better product.

By the way, my local Italian market makes a COAL-FIRED pizza that is phenomenal that is also cheaper than Papa Murphy's.
golly, I think you are missing my point: I don't think I have said local pizzas are not, in some cases better than chains. Of course some are, and this has nothing to do with the small guy staying in business: I agree with you on that, the discussion started with do you like frozen pizza?

Nita

Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
i pretty much never eat pizza at home. but i see these take and bake things in aldi and i think that may be a future option when my daughter is old enough to eat pizza.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
We don't have Papa Murphy's in my state, I don't think anywhere on the east coast does, they aren't quite "everywhere". We have authentic Italian restaurants everywhere instead. But Papa Murphy's isn't quite in the same league as a true restaurant, they don't really use the highest quality ingredients in their pizza. A real Italian restaurant would use olive oil and fresh ingredients, like fresh garlic and onions, tomatoes, freshly grated cheese.....whereas Papa Murphys pizza has lots of corn syrup, dehydrated onions, preservatives, soybean oil....I think of it as frozen pizza not yet frozen. I imagine they get their pizza crusts etc. prepackaged from the factory and just add the wet ingredients like soybean oil etc. Kind of like buying a cake mix, baking the cake and calling it from scratch. LOL
wow, I think this is getting really off track. I don't think anyone has claimed papa Murphys is the best pizza ever made. We are talking about basic frozen pizzas from the store compared to others. Someone mentioned Papa Murphys as an alternative, and btw their crusts are made in house.

Nita

Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
and I don't think Pizza was big in Italy until the past 50 years or so we were told, the same with tacos and Mexico or lettuce wraps in China.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink