Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

When you eat a typical meal from any of the fast food chains consisting of a burger, fries and drink, what is your 'battle plan' for attacking the meal?

By that, I mean, do you say, eat all the fries first then move on to the burger, eat the burger first then the fries? Do you drink as you eat or only after you've finished the food?

For me I have this thing where I have to eat both burger and fries at the same time. I always have to have roughly equal portions of fries and burger...maybe it's slightly OCD tendency, lol.

It doesn't make sense to finish the burger then move on to the fries as the fries get cold faster. BUT, that changes if you have the thick fries (we call them chips) which tend to come out piping hot and often too hot to eat without burning your mouth. In such cases I'll make an exception to my rule and eat the burger first, then move on to the chips.

I might take a few sips of my - usually carbonated - drink during my meal, but in general I keep most of it for after the meal. I've found that eating and drinking at the same time - especially fizzy drinks - is apt to give me hiccups.

Oh and I generally don't like ketchup with my fries. Just salt, thanks.

I don't eat fast food all THAT often, but probably more often than I should. Sometimes I go weeks without eating at a chain franchise, when I'm being naughty maybe two times a week at most.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 AM

160 posts, read 335,262 times
Usually I just order a salad and drink water, but I'm not the norm.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:41 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
For me I have this thing where I have to eat both burger and fries at the same time. I always have to have roughly equal portions of fries and burger...maybe it's slightly OCD tendency, lol.
ya think?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:44 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,779,194 times
At gunpoint.

I have not set foot in a Fast Food restaurant in over three years and before that time I only ate ate them on rare occasions. I haven't had a hamburger in all that time either- I stopped eating that junk.

I still eat beef on occasion but prefer quality cuts of meat over eating hamburger. I laughed when I saw a recent advertisement that mentioned a "Juicy burger"- uh, that at juice scooter, it's fat.

If I am forced to eat away from home I prefer a place where you can get some real food.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
let's see when I did eat at fast food chains (haven't since december 2010) I have to eat the fries first then the burger.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Food is ordered at speaker. Pull up to pay window. Pull up to food window. Bag of burgers and fries are handed to driver. Fries are eaten straight out of the bag on the drive to destination. (Work/home/best friend's house.) Upon arrival at destination hamburger is then eaten with whatever fries are left over.

Sodas are put in cup holder and sipped at red lights because the fries are really, really hot.

Hopefully.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:44 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,159 times
Interesting topic, so i'll bite. For a typical burger chain, i usually eat 1/2 the fries when while their hot. Then i'll dive into the burger/sandwich etc and alternate with fries. No ketchup.

Just drink water throughout the meal. Used to be soda, then i cut it out. Wasn't worth the calories or cost.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,216,107 times
I only do the drive thru at fast food places. I will eat a few fries while driving to wherever I am going but will eat both the fries and burger together along with my drink once I have arrived at my destination.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:06 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,225,619 times
Always all of the fries first, then whatever sandwich. Drink is consumed throughout. If dining in the fast food restaurant, my cup always needs to be near my left hand closer to the middle of the table. Depending on the establishment and what I'm eating, dipping sauces have a specific placement (BBQ on the right and ranch on the left) and dips are to be alternated equally. Ranch, then BBQ, then Ranch, then BBQ etc...

Regardless, fries are always laid in their contaner on their side onto a napkin and dipping sauces are also laid on a napkin.

wrappers/containers are placed into the empty "to go" bag immediately after the item is finished.
I've got just a bit of OCD, myself.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:01 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That isn't OCD behavior at all. I know this because that's they way I eat it, too.

And... I make sure that the best tasting thing is my last bite, depending on whether the fries or the burger is the better tasting one that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink