Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:55 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times

Advertisements

I would prefer it if they just friggin went away, their food is awful ! I give them another chance every few years, I always say to my self "it's not that bad, it actually tastes pretty good". Then about an hour later I get that sick feeling from eating a grease bomb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,757,389 times
I can't remember the last time I set foot in a Mickey D's...it's been at least two decades I'd guess. So really, I don't care what they sell, I ain't a-buyin' it.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:25 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
I like their salads :/

Old 01-09-2008, 01:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Since Wedy's went downhill I visited our local MCd's and I have to say I am really impress in the way this company is turning around. A little more upscale and modern in their decor and decent staff most of the time. I think whoever plans the way things are laid out from napkin holders, registers, drink machines is doing a great job to reduce waste. When you go to drive thru watch the drink dispenser it does it for them and knows what size of cup they will be using. The napkin holders are facing so you have to life up instead of down so a customer cannot get a huge wad at one time and wast the napkins. I like how they are using a real person to take your drive thru order it helps those who have habit of staring at menu board to long and speaker issues.

I use to hate Hardees except for breakfast and now with merge with Carl JR they actually have tasty burgers and fries.

Burger King well the food is creepy as the Burger King guy in commercials.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
McDonald's (MCD) this year will begin to roll out one of its biggest and most expensive new product concepts ever in a bid to put the heat on Starbucks in the battle for upscale coffee drinkers.

The long-anticipated move comes as Starbucks announced Monday that CEO Jim Donald is out and that founder and Chairman Howard Schultz would retake the reins as CEO.

McDonald's plans to offer you a latte with that Big Mac - USATODAY.com
This really belongs in the Business forum more than food and drink. I'll bet that this ends up as a case study in the Business School at Harvard. It's got all the great stuff business cases are made of.

First of all, it is a major departure from McD's product rollout strategy by not limiting the introduction locations. Second, it has the great price (McD)versus "perceived quality and snob appeal" (SB) question thrown in. Then you have the question on whether the upscale coffee drinker will want to work on a laptop next to the screaming kid scenario. And how will the increased capital equipment issue affect McD's distributor prices? It seems that distributors are being asked to fund more and more things at their store locations. For a business junkie, this is like heavenly stuff.

Here is my prediction: McD's will do great in smaller markets where price and value for the money are higher up on the list of the consumer. The strategy will fail in the New York/Chicago/San Francisco type markets where people buy SB brand "because I can".

From a coffee standpoint, I meet with a bunch of guys who, like me, are all over fifty, on many mornings. We get an endless supply of coffee for the senior price of 52 cents, so I think McD's coffee quality and pricing is wonderful while we solve the pressing issues of the day.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Ugh! This is a disaster waiting to happen!!! Not that I frequent McDonalds or any other fast food establishment, for that matter, but how on Earth are McDonalds employees supposed to get an order for some exotic coffee drink correct if they can't even get the food orders right half the time???

Old 01-09-2008, 08:17 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
n-e-v-e-r would I order a latte at McD. the place smells horrible.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:11 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
.... I meet with a bunch of guys who, like me, are all over fifty, on many mornings. We get an endless supply of coffee for the senior price of 52 cents, so I think McD's coffee quality and pricing is wonderful while we solve the pressing issues of the day.
We had a group like that back in Baltimore, retired railroaders, met at a diner each A.M. Called themselves the Liars Club.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:16 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Default Just ain't no comparison between the two.

Coffee at McD's will always suck. Their emphasis is on profit and squeezing out cost, like Wal-Mart, so you get what you pay for, which isn't much. The experience is also lacking. Massively lacking. Customers are viewed like mis-behaving teens. Seating is third rate, like being on a dirty noisy bus. There is NO atmosphere whatsoever, I'd rather eat in the cafeteria of my local public school. Their restrooms are a foul crude disgrace. The hired help is minimal.

Coffee at Starbucks will always be great. Both the coffee AND the experience. Their emphasis is on the coffee and the experience. They love the stuff, and they love their customers. Their face to face customer attention is the best in the business. Your treated like an adult and a friend. Their restrooms are marvelous and clean. Their profits follow naturally by having a better mousetrap, not better cost accounting and bludgeoning suppliers.

If McD's ever gets it's head out of its rigid rulebook maybe they'll make the egg sandwiches available into early afternoon. Since they don't, we go to Sonic for egg sandwiches as a lunch item and shun McD's and the grease bomb they call hashbrowns. Until McD's figures out who is the customer (ME! dammit), they'll get NONE of our business. Like Wal-Mart, McD's can't stand to see someone else making a buck on something, so they try to steal that business too.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,450,678 times
Default UGH, can't imagine

In spite of people claiming MacDonald's has decent, even good, coffee, I can't imagine it. And to go for a latte? Excuse me, but I also want some ambience with my coffee, and I have yet to find that in a Mickey D's -- even their so-called MacCafe's.

I like coffee drinks any where BUT MacDonald's -- even in bookstores near me, like Borders or Barnes & Noble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink