Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 01:57 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,160,279 times

Advertisements

Have you ever looked at the nutritional content of some of their items online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
The mushroom/swiss Angus burger is to die for.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:07 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,716 times
I have, I get such a kick out of reading those ingredients and comparing them to say, what I put in MY home baked bread. That ingredients list is enough to keep me away from fast food...

Anyway, I can see this promotion being successful somewhat, but I do not think that McDs will lure business that would otherwise have gone to Chili's/Applebees/Bennigans etc. for patrons who are looking for a "big burger".

I DO think that the above "restaurants" have done a good job though in luring patrons away from "higher" priced establishments by offering all those "2 can eat for $20" of $5.99 lunches or whatever.

The "food" is just as bad though IMO, but the patrons don't think they are eating "fast food".

Some of the same people who won't order a burger and fries at McDs will go off and get a "grilled chicken salad" at Fridays and feel healthy about doing so. Oy vey.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 AM

258 posts, read 325,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
The mushroom/swiss Angus burger is to die for.
You'd die for a Mcdonalds burger? Are things that bad?

Old 07-12-2009, 09:14 AM

258 posts, read 325,468 times
Okay, here is the dealio on the long anticipated Angus Burger at Mcdonalds. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID
I tried the delux which is the one with lettuce and tomato, they have two others, mushroom swiss and bacon cheddar. I used to work in Mcdonalds in the glory days, the day in when all burgers where served within a minute or two of being cooked. Nothing on earth was like a quarter pounder with cheese in those days. Then something happened, something so horrible, so terrible that dining at Mcdonalds would never be the same: the invention of the MICROWAVE. In addition, employees that cared about quality wher replaced by the new generation of Americans, those that don't give a cr_p. Instead of the fresh juiciy QPC, all of a sudden the burgers where old (stacked in a pan and then nuked and served eliminating savory juice and all semblance of taste). As a result, and when you tried to put ketchup on and pulled the bun off, the cheese would pull onto the bun and the bun would pull apart (side effect of microwave). DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS? Now we have the Angus burger which in the old days would probably be the end all, but this is the new Mcdonalds and the new America, as a result, we have a bigger, dryer burger with a bigger bun which heightens the experience of dryness. My burger if I had to guess had been cooked ten to 15 minutes before being served which is terminal. I think it was $6 for a combo meal which still makes it a much better deal than the burgers at Fridays, Chilli's etc., because you have to spring for a tip. I would still stick to the QPC over the Angus because the dryness of the burger is less noticable because it is smaller and you can taste the ketchup more. Wouldn't it be nice if Mcdonald's was like it was in the 80's because if it was this burger would probably be the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2009, 09:47 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if Mcdonald's was like it was in the 80's because if it was this burger would probably be the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!
The only way to guarantee getting a fresh burger is to go when they're just starting lunch(~11:00).

Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
I've tried the Angus bacon cheeseburger since I think it's the best of the three selections, and it is quite good. The price probably needs to come down a bit, but it's very tasty. Too bad the sandwich doesn't have Mc- in the name.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:16 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
You'd die for a Mcdonalds burger? Are things that bad?
LOL! No, they are not. But of all the burgers at McDonald's this is the best one.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:38 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times
Post News, McDonald's Happy Meals get apples, fewer fries.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp said on Tuesday it will soon tweak its Happy Meals, reducing the french fry portion by more than half and automatically adding apples to the popular children's meals, after coming under pressure from consumer groups to provide healthier fare.

McDonald's -- which has been taking heat from parents, consumer groups and local lawmakers over the nutritional content and marketing of Happy Meals -- said it would start making the changes in September and the new Happy Meals would be available in all of its 14,000 U.S. restaurants by the end of the first quarter of 2012.

McDonald's Happy Meals get apples, fewer fries - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/mcdonalds-happy-meals-apples-fewer-fries-145307231.html - broken link)

Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
good idea, except i am little skeptical about apples that don't turn brown...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink