Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,911 times

Advertisements

No girl scouts around here?? Wonder why...not in Gallup, not in Grants and of course none coming to the door..
I would still buy them as BDDad said: "its a fund raiser". right on.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,926,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Personally, I think your use of the word "predator" in relationship to a child was totally uncalled for!
Good!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:50 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
That's your choice. Some donate to both causes and some to one or the other, or none at all. That's what's nice about donating, no one (hopefully) is forcing you to do so.
That's a given. This discussion is about what posters think about their options and why they make their chices. I just gave my reasons.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:06 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
I don't care about the GS, their fundraising, or whatever they're going to do with the money. All I know is that I love Samoas and the Do Si Dos and can get them for $4 a box, which I consider to be a great price. I bought five boxes, because I'm not really going to miss $20, but I'm definitely going to notice a kitchen full of cookies!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,393,733 times
Boy has this thread gone sour It's Girl scout cookies get over it. If you don't like them don'y buy them simple as that, no need to get your panties in a tizzy over it. LOL

Old 03-08-2012, 06:28 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,945,768 times
Can someone please 'splain the difference between expressing an opinion and getting in a tizzy?

I may not care for GS cookies but no tizzy here, (that I know of). Just seems that any opinion that runs counter to another is "getting in a tizzy." Some folks may have expressed their opinion rather strongly, but it's still just an opinion.

WTH is a tizzy, anyway? Sometimes I get my knickers in a knot and other times I get my panties in a bunch, but other than the hamper, they're the only places my panties get to go.

Buy the cookies, don't buy the cookies. The girls have been selling cookies (originally homemade!) since 1917. I'm guessing that there are enough supporters to make it worth while.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:02 AM

3,514 posts, read 5,695,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
How times have changed: currently all Girl Scout cookies are certified kosher dairy by the Orthodox Union (the professional association of Orthodox rabbis).
What does this have to do with the price of the cookies?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Can someone please 'splain the difference between expressing an opinion and getting in a tizzy?
Easy. A tizzy is what people get in if they don't agree with the poster's postulate no matter how wrong it is or how petulant is the poster.

An opinion is what the poster has expressed and the sentiments of those who agree with her.

Also relevant, "panties in a bunch" is what people are in when they express an authoritative opinion that the poster has trouble countering with reason and logic.

As these concepts apply to Girl Scout Cookies, if one loves them it is just an opinion. If one dislikes them, one is "in a tizzy" and if one points out they they are cheapo cookies made by the worst manufacturers with the most unhealthy ingredients and horrible taste, one is said to have one's "panties in a bunch."

Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,945,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Easy. A tizzy is what people get in if they don't agree with the poster's postulate no matter how wrong it is or how petulant is the poster.

An opinion is what the poster has expressed and the sentiments of those who agree with her.

Also relevant, "panties in a bunch" is what people are in when they express an authoritative opinion that the poster has trouble countering with reason and logic.

As these concepts apply to Girl Scout Cookies, if one loves them it is just an opinion. If one dislikes them, one is "in a tizzy" and if one points out they they are cheapo cookies made by the worst manufacturers with the most unhealthy ingredients and horrible taste, one is said to have one's "panties in a bunch."
Thank you, Wilson, for that enlightening explanation. Methinks it should be part of the TOS. Now that I know what a tizzy is, I'll avoid getting in it unless it's over something really important, like the merits of the Thin Mint vs. the Do-Si-Do.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,460,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Thank you, Wilson, for that enlightening explanation. Methinks it should be part of the TOS. Now that I know what a tizzy is, I'll avoid getting in it unless it's over something really important, like the merits of the Thin Mint vs. the Do-Si-Do.

I think you've got it!

The A do-si-do is two thin mints without the horrible chocolate but with horrible peanut butter inspired corn syrup spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink