Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 PM

653 posts, read 945,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Is a bit off topic but I met adults, some in a rip age that were shocked to discover that some eggs come in a brown shell...
Many people just don't know anymore how raw food looks like. All they eat is in cans, jars or frozen ready to eat trays.
So true. That makes me so sad, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 12:53 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
My wife likes her meat strong and gamey.

That's probably why she married me.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
My wife likes her meat strong and gamey.

That's probably why she married me.
TMI ALERT TMI ALERT!!! TMI ALERT!

And now back to your regularly scheduled food forum programming.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,911 times
Default eggs

Quote:
Is a bit off topic but I met adults, some in a rip age that were shocked to discover that some eggs come in a brown shell...
Many people just don't know anymore how raw food looks like. All they eat is in cans, jars or frozen ready to eat trays.
I have Aracan chickens and they lay "GREEN EGGS".

AND they are fertile which makes for a better tasting egg and a nice large-ex large egg
oh, and they are free range and also feed live food like greens and some ground corn...talk about healthy chickens...

Happy trails from out in the west.

HW

Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
TMI ALERT TMI ALERT!!! TMI ALERT!

And now back to your regularly scheduled food forum programming.

I make a mean Venison Roast.

What did you think I meant.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,911 times
AND in relation to strong and gamey...well we raise our beef and it's the best you can have. They are on open range and finished with alfalfa and ground corn++.

AND we have ELK and DEER and ANTELOPE..WOW how about that.
NOT gamey...it's how you take care of the game once it's down and how you prepare it.

YOU know, Mallard duck breasts if cooked right will taste as good as Filet Mignon..yes. BBQ the breast rare or pan fry over a very hot cast iron pan, sliced rare with a nice peppercorn sauce+++.

works for me.

HW

Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
I bought some lamb last year, and it hardly had any lamb taste or smell at all. It made me think that maybe the Americans have figured out a way to genetically modify lambs so their bland meat doesn't taste strong enough to be objectionable to anybody.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
are you kidding?! As to the bold, ick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I bought some lamb last year, and it hardly had any lamb taste or smell at all. It made me think that maybe the Americans have figured out a way to genetically modify lambs so their bland meat doesn't taste strong enough to be objectionable to anybody.
Lamb. My favourite.

as to the OP.. I'm not sure. Some people are more adventerous eaters than others. People sometimes look at me in disgust when I tell them I've tried parts of animals that generally westerner's wouldn't eat.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:59 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
are you kidding?! As to the bold, ick.

No, I am not! I didn't said that ALL people eat processed food, but many. YES, MANY.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:13 PM

653 posts, read 945,370 times
Quote:
No, I am not! I didn't said that ALL people eat processed food, but many. YES, MANY.
Far too many. Look at the state of the health of the nation. But that leads to an entire other thread. Anyone care to start it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink