Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:12 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,850,957 times

Advertisements

MeDonalds is not too bad considering. Former daughter -in-law was MGR at a Taco Bell and told me what they add to the beef. Stopped eating there over 30 yrs ago. I like my cereal with milk and some fruit on top. Steve

Old 08-07-2008, 03:01 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,905,958 times
game....two all beaf patties.....??

Old 08-07-2008, 03:31 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,579,313 times
I eat my candy with the pork and beans.

Seriously once I heard that McD's won a bid for cow sphincters I quit eating there.
100% beef is pretty broad.
I can't stand most of the people that work there, I think they import most of them from different areas.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:38 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,212,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I eat my candy with the pork and beans.

Seriously once I heard that McD's won a bid for cow sphincters I quit eating there.
100% beef is pretty broad.
I can't stand most of the people that work there, I think they import most of them from different areas.

Are we back to fueling the rumor mill?

Most of the folks who work at our McDonald's (and other fast food places) are local students (high school/college), with a sprinkling of local adults.

Cite to the cow sphincter rumor? Or is it related to the cow eyeball/worms hoaxes?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:01 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,579,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Are we back to fueling the rumor mill?

Most of the folks who work at our McDonald's (and other fast food places) are local students (high school/college), with a sprinkling of local adults.

Cite to the cow sphincter rumor? Or is it related to the cow eyeball/worms hoaxes?

Explain to me how I can go into a mcdonalds in a city with less than 5% hispanic pop, and the workers there are ALL hispanic AND speak fluent spanish to each other?
I don't see that at ANY other fast food places in the area, they all look like high school kids at the other places and more in line with the population(ie black, white, native american)

The cow sphinter came from a source in the meat industry. You know they hold auctions for EVERY part of the cow, it goes to the highest bidder. pretty simple. good luck finding a cite for that one.

Watch the movie fast food nation, I recommend the documentry in the special features. Pretty much explains that the fast food industry is also into human smuggling. makes sense when you think about it. Remember that that meat packing plant that got busted with something like 300 illegal workers? It is pretty sad.\

The directors reason for not eating fast food wasnt because it tastes bad he liked the taste, it wasnt because its unhealthy, moderation was the key, he doesnt eat fast food because he doesnt want to give those corporations ONE DIME of his money. If you think the fast food industry is above board on issues you are wrong, they are far worse than any oil company.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:10 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,754,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
game....two all beaf patties.....??
special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame bun

Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM

702 posts, read 3,145,234 times
My only comment is that McDonalds meat is a gray color and not like anything I buy in the store. It looks different and tastes different. Burger King has meat that is very close to what I can do on my grill.

Old 08-07-2008, 04:27 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,212,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
My only comment is that McDonalds meat is a gray color and not like anything I buy in the store. It looks different and tastes different. Burger King has meat that is very close to what I can do on my grill.
You see it before it's cooked?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:38 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,606,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
You see it before it's cooked?
DING DING DING DING DING!!! Exactly! Every hamburger I cook is gray when done, not black, and not red.

People like to follow, very few will lead. BTW, who led the fast food burger joints to what they are today?

I honestly don't know the answer, but my first guess would be McD's.

everyone is on this "gray" kick now. What's next, onions are actually cabbage? Must be as fine as they cut them, COULDN'T be an onion cause I can't cut them that small.

This thread is turning into a joke.........I like it!

Old 08-07-2008, 04:48 PM

702 posts, read 3,145,234 times
Let me just say that McDonalds meat is a color unlike other fast food joints. I cannot describe the color properly. My wife likes the taste, but I prefer Burger King with its grilled taste..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink