Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,321 times

Advertisements

TOP OF THE MARK in San Francisco.

Wow; what a menu. Need to go online to see it. $99.00/person

or

The Herbfarm in Woodinville, Wa.
another great restaurant.

Items on the menu at times; plus Kobe beef.

A SALUTE TO WAGYU BEEF

IN A NORTHWEST STEAKHOUSE STYLE

The Herbfarm | 9 March - 8 April 2012

The Captain's Take

Crab Twice-Baked Potato with King Crab Bisque.

Baked Fat Bastard Oysters in Oxalis Cream

With Oregon Truffle-Wild Boar Bacon Crumbs.

TREVERI CELLARS SPARKLING CHARDONNAY WITH CHOICE OF HERB

Tartare & Tail

Tube of Wagyu Tartare with Smoked Quinault River Steelhead Caviar,

Egg Yolk Pearls, Red Onion, Cornichons, and Wild Green Elder Berry Capers.

Oxtail Borscht Liaisoned with Golden Beet-Lemon Thyme Cream.

2010 POET'S LEAP RIESLING, COLUMBIA VALLEY, WASHINGTON

Long Line Ling Cod Two Marrow

Seared Long-Line Ling Cod with Green Garlic Sabayon,

Bone Marrow Croquettes, Yakima Valley Controne Beans, Spring Pea Shoots

2010 MERRIMAN CHENIN BLANC, OLD VINE, THE BRAHSER BLOCK

Cheek to Cheek

Beef Cheek Glazed with Housemade Worchestershire, Charred Alliums,

Walla Walla Onion Sprouts, Spiced Carrot Sauce

2008 GRAMERCY CELLARS TEMPRANILLO, INIGO MONTOYA, WALLA WALLA

Eye of the Rib

Whole-Roasted Eye of Wagyu Prime Rib with Wagyu Beef Au Jus,

Foraged Watercress, Poêléd Sunchokes, Swiss Chard, Roasted Radish,

Winter's End Wild Mushrooms, Salted Horseradish Butter.

2004 FEATHER CABERNET SAUVIGNON, COLUMBIA VALLEY, WASHINGTON

Puddin’ in Blue

Apple Yorkshire Pudding with Brûléed Blue Cheese,

Frisée, Curry-Spiced Walnuts, Cider Vinegar Syrup

Angelic Rhubarb

Glazed Rhubarb Batons with Angelica Sponge and Oregon Vermouth Sorbet

Textures & Temperatures of Milk

Hay-Infused Sweet Cream Ice Cream, Bendy Milk Chocolate,

Crispy Crême Fraîche, Caramelized Buttermilk, Sour Cherry Yogurt Foam

Coffees, Native Beverages, and Teas

Teat Treats

Cow Tails • Malted Milk Chocolate • Moo Tartelettes • Cowboy Macaron

House-Churned Holstein Cow Butter • Rosemary Biscuits • Multi-Grain Loaves

2009 BRIAN CARTER CELLARS TOURIGA NACIONAL OPULENTO

What's the difference

between "Kobe" and "Waygu"?

“KOBE BEEF” is world-renown as both rare, delicious, and extraordinarily expensive. True Kobe comes only from the Hyogo Pefecture of Japan.

Known as "WAGYU" (Japanese for “Japanese Cattle”), the “Kobe Beef” raised here in America is from select genetics that came to this country about 25 years ago.

Ancient Breed

The breed itself is the result of the isolation of cattle introduced to Japan in the Second Century. Originally draft animals, the isolated breed became legendary for its eating quality and the way it was raised, which included being fed beer as well as brushed and massaged.

So; what would be your choice?:think:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:51 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,999,321 times
I forgot to add: THE BARKING FROG IN Woodinville, Wa..by the Willows Lodge.

Check out their menu.

I was a Seafood Excutive in Marketing and working in the Seattle area, I can attest to some of the best restaurants in that arena.

Hw

Old 03-29-2012, 02:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
wow, I am impressed; I wish I could say the same, but all I know about cooking I learned via my teachers, including my dad, my cookbooks and my natural love for cooking plus, believe it or not the Food Network. Even at my age it isn't too late to learn.

I think if I could go anywhere for Easter brunch it would be the Sterling buffet and brunch at Balileys in Vegas. I have never eaten there because the price is just out of our budget but I have never heard a negative and they do have lots of seafood. To me, that is the secret to a good brunch. That plus good beef, good salad made with real homemade blue cheese dressing, not out of a bottle or true ceasar salad and dressing. I am sure if we were in the Seattle area there would be lots of places on my list. And yes, the top of the Mark, if not no other reason, the view, even in the fog. Or how about one of the restaurants on the water in Sausalito? Oh I thought of one more, but most probably never been there: The Penensala (spelling) in Hong Kong.

Nita

Old 03-29-2012, 03:06 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
I'll second the Top of the Mark HW.

Family and friends have been going there since the 1940's

My Grandfather on my Mom's side had drinks with his Navy buddies before shipping out with them for the battle of Midway. Sadly he was the only one that returned three years later.

Damn I miss that Generation.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,054,460 times
I know I could do far more than $99 worth of damage to the seafood on ice at Top of the Mark. However I've always wanted to hit up the Herbfarm and Barking Frog and since the Willows Lodge is pet friendly it makes for a great road trip with the pups.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I'll second the Top of the Mark HW.

Family and friends have been going there since the 1940's

My Grandfather on my Mom's side had drinks with his Navy buddies before shipping out with them for the battle of Midway. Sadly he was the only one that returned three years later.

Damn I miss that Generation.
Amazing about your grandfather: my mom and dad had drinkds there before my dad shipped out as well. Dad was on the USS Saratoga. I believe it must have been late 1943, I remember him coming home for Christmas and mom going back to San Francisco with hiim. He shipped out and the next time we saw him was mid summer of 44. We were then sent to Miami Florida, where we remained until the end of the war.

Nita

Old 03-29-2012, 07:53 PM

20,926 posts, read 28,393,733 times
$99.00 a person for brunch? Does not seem all that bad to me considering we went to this place when we were in San Francisco on our Honey Moon Welcome to Restaurant Gary Danko
I would go back in a heart beat. for 2 of us plus drinks it was $400.00. I know that's shocking but how often do you eat at a place like this? Maybe once in a lifetime? However I don't care to go out to eat on holidays because it's over crowded and noisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink