Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 11:26 PM

348 posts, read 266,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Love liver with sauteed onions and mashed potatoes.
Lots of vitamins in it: B12, Foliate, Vit A, Iron etc. Can't eat too often ( too much cholesterol )
That's what I was talking about. I'm a tad high always anyways!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 04:33 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,397,752 times
I dont mind sa small portion of liver but will not buy it. Chicken liver is okay. Raisins, eeek! Funny though, A1 sauce is made with raisin juice and that isnt a problem, its the raisins as a whole. And diet/sugar free??? Yuk! I actually tossed a bag of candy once, someone gave to me thinking I wouldnt know the difference but after a couple of pieces, realized why it tasted so funny. I told them if you dont want me throwing stuff away dont try to trick me, duh!

Old 04-06-2012, 05:01 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
I don't remember ever refusing to eat anything except once but foods I CHOSE not to eat if I can avoid it :

Marshmallows
Treacle
Molasses
Really Sweet Stuff
American and English Chocolate/Candy
Margarine
Bland Plastic wrapped sliced bread
Fake Mayo like Hellman's
Brown Sauce ( a British monstrosity)
Marmite and Vegemite
Lamb ( does not agree with me digesting wise but will eat it at dinner parties if I must)
Cooked Spinach - same reason as the Lamb ( love it raw though)
Fake "plastic" cheeses
Malt Vinegar. Makes my eyes water it is so disgusting
Cereals- Tastes like horse-feed or bird food to me.... I have forced myself to eat it before but I just don't like it.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:29 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,120,327 times
Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. I hate the combination.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:39 AM

7,032 posts, read 14,483,506 times
Always avoid:

Lamb
Cilantro

Will tolerate occasionally:

Hamburgers
Milk (by itself)
Cheap processed snacks loaded with artificial sugars and other unpronounceable ingredients.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM

9,912 posts, read 24,655,128 times
Interesting stuff.

The individual things I don't like that are probably the most common:

Bananas
Raisins
Mushrooms
Olives
Jelly/jam/similar

Banana is absolute. I can't take banana flavor in anything. Too bad too. And I ate them when I was little.

Raisins I can sometimes tolerate to a degree, either eating around or eating when they are incorporated in certain things. But I try to avoid and also used to eat those when little.

Shrooms, get 'em away. I don't mind if something is cooked with mushrooms, but I will eat around them.

Olives, don't want to eat, regardless of type. Olive oil is fine though.

Jelly or similar fruit spread is just not appealing. And totally agree with the combination of PB&J sandwich. Never, never, not even as a kid, did I think that was a good combination. It's nasty, ruins a perfectly good peanut butter sandwich.

Slightly less common vegetables that many people like: cauliflower, radish, lima beans. Do not want. Apparently some people like brussels sprouts too but nobody even tried to get me to eat those growing up, and I never have known anyone who eats them. I figure those are more disliked than liked. Anchovies, that's not that common, and many people don't like, so I don't find anything wrong with that.

I'm sure there are a few more but I don't think anything else that's common. I try to avoid some ingredients and heavily processed foods, all of which are common, but I rarely absolutely refuse to eat them.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:11 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Most surprising thing to me in this thread is the number of people who refuse to eat CEREAL. Not just certain brands or types of cereal but ALL CEREAL. Wow.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:55 PM

2,963 posts, read 5,452,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Most surprising thing to me in this thread is the number of people who refuse to eat CEREAL. Not just certain brands or types of cereal but ALL CEREAL. Wow.
I feel less alone! No, the idea of it--grains doused with milk, and if it's not sweet enough a sprinkling more of sugar, and then the eventual sogginess--I really hate the idea of it alone. I've fed pigs and that's what it reminds me of, a slop trough.

Disclaimer, though: I'm not a straight milk drinker, I'm not big on sweets, and I generally eat light for breakfast. I'll have a bread with some fruit and water. Tea if I'm breakfasting more extravagantly, since I don't drink coffee. So a big breakfast isn't my norm anyway.

Still...cereal...I'll just microwave leftovers instead.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:24 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
LOL as I shopped today I realized there's more I won't eat:

marshmallows
raisins
pistachios
cool whip
beef jerky
canned chili
most processed foods

Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Marshmallows
waxed beans
dried apricots
dried figs but I will eat fig Jam
cookies that have that fake raspberry filling in the middle like the ones you get in the bakery
carrot and raisin salad
pork rinds
all organ meats
cranberries-fresh, dried and canned but I'll drink cranberry juice
tofu
Turkey bacon- if it's not pork it's not bacon!
ham steak
pastrami
I list all the foods I don't eat..so why do I have a weight problem???LOL I should be skinny. I am a carb junkie that's why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink