Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 12:34 AM

348 posts, read 266,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to say Bonefish is one of the few chain restaurants we always are satisfied with for the price. We don't go out often and Bonefish is about 25 miles from us so we are talking 3 or 3 times a year. The place I can't stand is Red Lobster. am almost positive everything they serve is pre packaged and not the best quality. We also like Outback for the money. PF Changs used to be at the tuo of our list, now they are at the bottome. They have gotten expensive and the quality isn't what it used to be...Oh, one other, I ate at recently for the first time: Shoguns, loved it. My granddaughter and I went there when my husband was in the hospital having tests. It was only a few blocks from the hospital.

Ohiogirl, I haven't eaten at a Fridays for probably 5 yeears but they used to be my favorite fast food restaurant. I love their cobb salad and their wings.

Nita
I love Red Lobster. I always get the Ultimate Feast with everything on it. I love that combo platter. If the endless shrimp is going I do the scampi and butterfly fried until I'm bloated and close to sick. I've never had anything bad there. It must just be the one you go to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 09:53 AM

2,155 posts, read 4,580,735 times
I'm not a big Red Lobster fan although I did like their wild salmon and rice with broccoli. Their cheesy bread is delicious, though.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,618 times
I love and miss Red Lobster!! Dont have one here in Vancouver

Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,973,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey teach View Post
We had not eaten at Ruby Tuesday's in several years, as it had just gotten kind of mundane and sort of grubby.

Last week, we went to one for lunch. It was really good! The "garden bar" was clean and fresh. All of the veggies were cold and crisp. If you dropped something, someone was right there to clean it up again. We really enjoyed our lunch.
I stopped at a Ruby Tuesday's while shopping a few weeks back. Gotta say I was impressed by the changes. Fresh sides like snap peas, asparagus, grilled zucchini and spaghetti squash. Ended up get a burger (not so healthy) but it was fairly good. They had a number of entrees under 500 calories.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
To this day I will not go to Outback Steakhouse. We got their Bloomin' Onion and it Bloomin' grossed me out. It was just gross. I like the onion loaf at Black Angus.
Agreed! We got a Bloomin' Onion that was just a big mess of greasy breaded onion. I like onion straws or onion loaf much better.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,854,170 times
I usually avoid chains and seek out locally owned and one-of-a-kind restaurants first. I travel a lot for work and sometimes my coworkers and I just end up at the nearest restaurant by the hotel, which is usually a chain. I refuse to eat at Applebees as we have had too many bad meals there, but most chains have something that is decent.

I do like Ruby Tuesday's salad bar, and they have a really good zucchini mini burger.

Also, Texas Roadhouse has a nice country veg plate, where you can choose four of their good vegetables, including baked sweet potatoes and a nice side salad. That is truly their only vegetarian option on the menu.

Chili's has a Quesadilla Explosion salad that I really like, but I order it without the chicken.

I was disappointed in O'Charley's entree salads, all just iceberg lettuce with red cabbage shreds that looked like it was poured straight out of a bag.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
yesterday we were discussing both chains and truely fast foods. Of course the younger the person was the more they enjoyed fast food and chain restaurants. 8 of the 10 of us liked Outback, no one liked Red Lobster (mainly cause the younger ones don't like fish and one of our grandson in laws likes really quality food) they were split on Texas Longhorn, Fridays and no one liked any of the Mexican chains. Of course you have to remember we are all originally from So Ca and Texas. I take that back, one grandson in law does like Mexican chains but he thinks Taco Bell is true Mexican as well..Only 2 of the 10 liked Ruby Tuesdays anymore and about 1/2 still enjoys PF Changs.

As for fast food, truely fast food: a couplle still love Micky Ds, most of us love Taco Cabana (of course it isn't nationwide) only hubby and I like Burger King, no one really likes Sonic and 1/2 like Taco Bueno. As I mentioned our one grandson in law love Taco Bell anc 1/2 of us think Arby's is ok in a pinch. Only a few had an opinion on KFC but we all said we like Popeyes. I have to admit I haven't been to Popeyes in maybe 10 years. We all love In&Out burgers as well.

I guess this shows how subjective food can be. What one person loves, someone else hates.

Nita

Old 06-19-2012, 01:53 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,570 times
Just went to 5 guys this past weekend for the first time in 6 months. I tend to stick to independent places but 5 Guys is by far my favorite chain restaurant. The burgers are always tasty and the fries are pretty good.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Just went to 5 guys this past weekend for the first time in 6 months. I tend to stick to independent places but 5 Guys is by far my favorite chain restaurant. The burgers are always tasty and the fries are pretty good.
We have a 5 Guys not too far from us and I have wanted to give them a try, just seems we are never near there at lunch time. Of course I am such an In&Out gal I don't know if anything would match considering the price. I know 5 Guys is much pricier.

Nita

Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,570 times
A little more, but you could get a cheeseburger, small fries and a drink for around $8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink