Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 AM

215 posts, read 606,952 times

Advertisements

I don't know why, but even after eating a decent sized meal I'll get really hungry a couple hours later. I don't know if it's what I'm eating or not but it doesn't seem right to me.

For example, just today, I ate a footlong chicken breast sub with pretty much everything you can get on one literally 20 minutes before work. About 2 hours or so into work I had to take a lunch because I was literally starving for some reason. Went and had another footlong sub.

I don't really seem to be gaining any extra weight though and I'm really not that active of a person. I wake up, and basically sit at the computer for about 10 hours lol. Stretching it, but you get the point hopefully. Other than work that's about all I do. I'm only 5'8" / 5'9" and about 183lbs.

Any idea why I get hungry so often? Also, right now I'm starving and there's really nothing around here to eat unless I cook a full blown meal which I really don't want to do right now =/.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 02:51 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
I'm not saying that it IS, but it could be diabetes - so it might be wise for you to get checked by the quack.
Are ya drinking/peeing pretty often, say, every 30 - 45 minutes?
DM me if you'd rather. Not everybody likes to post about their peeing - me? I'd pee on a fire hydrant at the side of a busy street. ....

Old 04-12-2012, 03:12 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Maybe you are sensitive to carbs? If it is processed chicken breast in the sub, it is probably full of sugar and filllers. The roll is heavy carb, too. It makes your blood sugar rise, then plummet, causing hunger. Try eating complex carbs like a VERY SMALL whole wheat bun with no added sugar, more veggies, and unprocessed meat and see how you feel.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:57 AM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Maybe you are sensitive to carbs? If it is processed chicken breast in the sub, it is probably full of sugar and filllers. The roll is heavy carb, too. It makes your blood sugar rise, then plummet, causing hunger. Try eating complex carbs like a VERY SMALL whole wheat bun with no added sugar, more veggies, and unprocessed meat and see how you feel.
This was my thought, too. I think it gets worse the older you get, but that's just my speculation.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:01 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I think it's too many carbs. When I ate alot of carbs before I started loosing weight I was starving 1 hour later. I eat yogurt mixed with cereal and fruit now for breakfast and it holds me until 12:00. I eat breakfast at 7:00 am. There are some days where I feel hungrier than others so I try and fill up on fruit and drink 8 glasses of water a day. Filling up on water before a meal helps.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:30 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
A suggestion for the OP:

Ask the sub guy to give you extra veggies on that sub. Same amount of meat/cheese/dressing, but extra everything else.

Ask him to cut it into three segments.

Eat one segment in the morning, before lunch.

Eat one segment at lunch.

Eat one segment during your afternoon break.

That should solve the problem.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:35 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Some RX Drugs will cause you to eat. Dr put me on ALTOS for my diabeties & I gained 15 pounds in 3 days! Tossed that pill ... There is also a problem with a certain gland that normally says Hey You FULL! That doesnt work! My Advice SEE A DR ASAP!

Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
That was happening to me for a long time in my 30s, and doctors couldn't figure out why. Got to my 40s, my doctor gave me an A1C test and discovered it was higher than it should be. OP, get to your doctor and get that checked out.

Your body is definitely trying to tell you something, so take care of it like it's asking you to.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 AM

215 posts, read 606,952 times
I work evenings by the way to... 4pm to close usually. Part time lol.

I've had my blood taken to check all this just a couple weeks ago and everything was fine according to the doctor. Nothing un-usual.

What is an A1C test?

Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
I work evenings by the way to... 4pm to close usually. Part time lol.

I've had my blood taken to check all this just a couple weeks ago and everything was fine according to the doctor. Nothing un-usual.

What is an A1C test?
A1C is your fasting Blood sugars over a 3 month period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink