Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 07:42 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,005 times

Advertisements

I often eat the top of the pizza and leave the crust lol....especially if it's a cheap "meh" crust like Dominos or whatever. I guess I'm just not much of a bread person lol

In fact...my dream pizza would be a crust-less pizza :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 AM

83 posts, read 121,336 times
It depends on how hungry I am & if I have sauce to eat my pizza crust with.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,812,030 times
Love pizza crust w/ranch or marinara to dip. Absolutely love pie crust! When my son was little he called frosting on a cake the "crust" and he always wanted extra crust when he had cake.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:03 PM

134 posts, read 147,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You know the ones, people who always remove the crusts from their sandwiches/pizza/ even, unbelievably, their pies! For me that's the best part of the pie. In fact, great pastry makes a great pie to me, I could easily just eat pastry on it's own.

I'm not in the habit of taking off bread or pizza crusts. If eating the crust off a pizza is a tiresome experience (too dry or tasteless) than it's a BAD pizza! IMO. That's kinda why, in some ways I like 'bad' chain pizzas like Dominoes because the crust is moist, oily, and if you want, cheesy. Some pizza crusts are too hard and dry.

If the bread is good the crusts should taste good, but sometimes I concede that the crusts off the bread you buy from the supermarket is pretty bleh.
I eat everything. I don't waste anything.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,024,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graytabbie View Post
I love crusts...bread, pizza, pie. My favorite pieces are always the corners, even for things like brownies and cake, and the ends of French/garlic bread--yum! I also like my cornbread and biscuits with a good "crust"/or crunchy edges.

I love crust, corner pieces, crunchy edges and I have the hips to prove it

Old 04-16-2012, 06:15 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,161,809 times
The best way to eat a baguette is to tear out the inside and fill the crust with the cheese or other filling you want. I do end up eating the soft inside later, but that's only because I'm such a cheapskate, I never throw anything away.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,686,789 times
On most pizza, I do not eat the crust. On really good pizza, I will. But I don't' get the whole "it's the best part" argument. If that were true, no one would put toppings. You'd just get bread. The best pizza still trumps the best pizza crust. Why bother ordering a pizza if you just want bread? Get bread sticks, lol.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:30 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Not eating the crust on a bread has never occurred to me. Cutting crusts of sandwiches? I don't understand that. Why? What's wrong with it?

As for pizza crust, I don't always eat it and would never eat a crust stuffed with cheese.

I also eat the skin on an apple. I like to eat completely I guess

Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,651,685 times
I like homeade pie crusts, but not the store bought ones. Pizza crust is good if it's homeade and crispy, not the ones you find in chain pizza places.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:13 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
The heel of a loaf of bread was always the treasure of my mom's kitchen. Who doesn't like fresh French Bread, with crust in every bite? The white part inside is just filler.

I once ordered a pizza, and the guy asked if I wanted an order of bread sticks with that. I told him No, there are plenty of bread sticks around the edge of the pizza. He just laughed.

The best part of a home baked pie are the leftover pieces of crust, which also go in the oven with cinnamon and sugar on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink