Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:49 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times

Advertisements

True, they are not open on Sunday, and won't build a Chik Fil A in Nevada...too sinful there.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
The company I work for has Chick Fil A catered for every single staff meeting. Trays and trays of those chicken nuggets, salads, fruit, and desserts. The owner of our company wants to support them because CFA is a Christian company.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:49 PM

134 posts, read 147,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Never eaten there. Never will. Their fundamentalist Christian ideology is not something that I would ever support.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs
So what, what does that have to do with the food? Some of the best cooking you'll ever taste comes from Amish. Does that mean I'll sell my truck and get a horse and buggy, as well as shut off the main on my electrical service meter? I'll need to get all my clothes dumped and switched around too. They don't believe in zippers and store bought clothes. They make them all themselves. NO!

Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
They have a right to express their opinions, including as a business practice of closing on Sundays. They have a right to donate free food to an organization that disagrees with gay marriage. I doubt that was the primary reason they donated btw.

Too many people in our country today don't seem to understand that it is okay to have differing opinions. That is the whole point of the first amendment: freedom, discussion, expression. This is especially true of unpopular opinions or opinions not sanctioned by the media.

Of course, others have a choice to disagree, but not to hate on others for having a different opinion. Not saying anyone here's done that. Just saying.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
How is their chicken salad? I saw it online and it looks good.
The grilled chicken salad is good. My beef with it is that it seemed like they started putting on less meat a few years ago, like so many restaurants trying to hold down their costs. I think the salad, which may be more expensive than the sandwich, should have the same size piece of chicken.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
They have a right to express their opinions, including as a business practice of closing on Sundays. They have a right to donate free food to an organization that disagrees with gay marriage. I doubt that was the primary reason they donated btw.

Too many people in our country today don't seem to understand that it is okay to have differing opinions. That is the whole point of the first amendment: freedom, discussion, expression. This is especially true of unpopular opinions or opinions not sanctioned by the media.

Of course, others have a choice to disagree, but not to hate on others for having a different opinion. Not saying anyone here's done that. Just saying.
Great post.

On another note I just found out Chick-Fil-A has discontinued their cheesecake, which in my opinion is the best around. Needless to say I am pretty friggen POed and they'll be getting one mouthy email from me about it. It's been one of my favorite treats for 20 years.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:40 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,125 times
I was PISSED when they cancelled the carrot/raisin salad. Loved that stuff..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink