Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Ok if your like me you hate to mix that all natural Peanut Butter before using, getting oil and PB all over the place. Especially if you have to buy the industrial size jars because your teens are actually decendants of locusts. I have to buy the twin pack 40 ounce jars from Costco to keep up.

We've all been there trying to find a long handle tool to get to the bottom of the jar but wont break or bend in the process.

Ok you ready I have perfected the process:

1. Check to make sure the lid and tamper proof seal are tight and unopened.

2. Turn the jar upside down and leave for one day. Next day turn it on its side, next roll it to the other side, next turn up right.

3. Every day you get into the pantry turn the jar to a new side until your ready to use it.

I know I know your thinking Bull, Bulldogdad. I want to open the jar as soon as I get home and start using it.

Yes, well then this process wont work for you. However with a little planning you can buy two or three jars and start the process. Heck I even have the locusts turning them daily so I don't even worry about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 01:53 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Good tip but I can't stand the taste of natural PB. I like that Commercial sugary crap like Skippy or Jiff.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:57 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Good tip but I can't stand the taste of natural PB. I like that Commercial sugary crap like Skippy or Jiff.
Yeah I had a hard time with it back when I first changed over in the 1980's. After a few weeks I couldn't go back to the sugary crap as you put it. Plus with the sugar from the jam it is a perfect match.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yeah I had a hard time with it back when I first changed over in the 1980's. After a few weeks I couldn't go back to the sugary crap as you put it. Plus with the sugar from the jam it is a perfect match.
Now my husband likes both types of PB. I used to eat the natural as a kid but as I got older I did not care for it as much.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
there is no crap in it. its just a little bit of sugar and salt to improve the taste. its like eating seasoned food as opposed to food in its natural form.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
there is no crap in it. its just a little bit of sugar and salt to improve the taste. its like eating seasoned food as opposed to food in its natural form.
I know there is no crap in it I meant it sarcastically.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
I know there is no crap in it I meant it sarcastically.
us old school peanut butter eaters need to stand our ground against the natty pb folk. we must'nt give an inch!

Old 04-26-2012, 04:39 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Good idea...I love the natural PB...just ground peanuts-no sugar etc.

Because I like to dip saltines in the pb, I open the jar and then transfer the entire contents to a large bowl with lid. That way it is easy to stir right before using... (and dipping )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Ok if your like me you hate to mix that all natural Peanut Butter before using, getting oil and PB all over the place. Especially if you have to buy the industrial size jars because your teens are actually decendants of locusts. I have to buy the twin pack 40 ounce jars from Costco to keep up.

We've all been there trying to find a long handle tool to get to the bottom of the jar but wont break or bend in the process.

Ok you ready I have perfected the process:

1. Check to make sure the lid and tamper proof seal are tight and unopened.

2. Turn the jar upside down and leave for one day. Next day turn it on its side, next roll it to the other side, next turn up right.

3. Every day you get into the pantry turn the jar to a new side until your ready to use it.

I know I know your thinking Bull, Bulldogdad. I want to open the jar as soon as I get home and start using it.

Yes, well then this process wont work for you. However with a little planning you can buy two or three jars and start the process. Heck I even have the locusts turning them daily so I don't even worry about it.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:43 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Crunchy or creamy? Crunchy wins, every time. I do love the honey roasted PB. That is good stuff.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:50 PM

21,540 posts, read 8,722,464 times
Thanks for the tip, Bulldogdad. I have tried turning the jar upside down but never thought of putting it on its side. I have also tried pouring off most of the oil on the top to reduce the mess factor (and the calories), but by the time you get to the bottom of the jar it's turned into dry, peanut-flavored cement.

I consider peanut butter to be one of the basic food groups. Gotta have it. Can't live without it.

"Descendants of locusts," that is SO funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink