Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you drink coffee daily?
Yes, every day 76 45.78%
No, not every day, but sometimes. 20 12.05%
No, never 70 42.17%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 08:39 AM

765 posts, read 621,619 times

Advertisements

No, I don't drink coffee. Black tea has enough caffeine for me; coffee makes me shaky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 09:04 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookashiny View Post
No, I don't drink coffee. Black tea has enough caffeine for me; coffee makes me shaky.
If I have more than two cups of coffee in the morning, I am shaky, too. I've known people who drink six or eight, though.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:26 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,702,413 times
Interesting that most people either drink it daily or not at all.

I would have expected more “sometimes” drinkers. Sometimes I want the taste, less often the caffeine in handy, hot beverage form. But not even close to every day, let alone multiple cups per day.

I see the effect that the caffeine has on people who are already wound too tight about time, and it is not beneficial.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:26 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
I just recently started drinking coffee in my 50's...I realized I loved various coffee-flavored desserts so..why not coffee? I started drinking coffee when on vacations in Mexico and Hawaii but it only spread from there!

I'm far from an afficianado but I typically have a cup in the morning and at 4:00 or so at the end of my workday. Caffeine never keeps me up...I do refuse to drink expensive coffee drinks.

Old 10-24-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
You are an addict too. You notice others’ addictions, but dismiss your own. I am sure you are addicted to the caffeine in Dr Pepper.
Eh....I seriously can't be worried about caffeine addition...there are so many worse things. Actually, is there proof that caffeine addiction has any negative impact other than a headache?

Old 10-24-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I tried it, hated it. Didn't understand the obsession for it.

For breakfast I'll have some oatmeal, cereal, eggs, or I'll skip it.

But yes, it feels like the entire world drinks it.
Hmmmmph....I hated oysters as a child....then suddenly I looooooved them! How are coffee, liquor, caviar, oysters different from each other?

Old 10-24-2021, 09:52 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Do you drink coffee? Any benefits or disadvantages to not drinking coffee? I used to drink coffee when I was in college but it made my stomach rumble so I just stopped drinking it completely.
People used to think both coffee and tea were unhealthy. Now they are both considered good for you. Lots of antioxidants.

The disadvantage of coffee is when you buy the expensive high calorie/fat drinks from Starbucks and other places. Even putting a lot of sugar and creamer in coffee is adding a lot of unnecessary calories, I prefer my coffee black so I can actually taste the coffee.

I never tasted coffee until I was 23 and working my first job out of college. Never drank it daily until I met my wife. She and her family were big coffee drinkers. They would sit around their dining room table talking and drinking coffee both in the morning and after dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
its an addiction
stay away from it

its delicious and i enjoy it from time to time but its not worth drinking everyday
Why not worth drinking everyday if you enjoy it?

Old 10-24-2021, 10:11 AM

3,696 posts, read 2,897,496 times
I tried it when I was 10 and hated the bitter taste even after my grandmother dumped tons of sugar and cream into it. I tried it again in my late 40's and found it still tasted awful.

I do like caffeine but stick to Earl Grey tea, Diet Pepsi and iced green tea.

I'm 51 now and still dislike coffee so you aren't the only adult who dislikes it.

Old 10-24-2021, 10:15 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,760,240 times
Hubby and I don't drink coffee. I can't drink it due to the fact it makes me ill, and hubby just never started drinking it and saw no reason to. I'm very sensitive to stimulants so I can't handle the caffeine, and the acid in coffee actually hurts my stomach, and it will make me vomit. I do love the SMELL of coffee, and I like coffee flavored ice cream and liquors.

Old 10-24-2021, 12:21 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,070,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
Do you drink coffee? Any benefits or disadvantages to not drinking coffee? I used to drink coffee when I was in college but it made my stomach rumble so I just stopped drinking it completely.

Perhaps.

In August, the results of a large study - really half-a-million subjects in the UK - was reported which associated moderate daily coffee use with lowered rates of strokes and fatal heart disease:

"Our results suggest that regular coffee consumption is safe, as even high daily intake was not associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes and all-cause mortality after a follow-up of 10 to 15 years," she continued. "Moreover, 0.5 to 3 cups of coffee per day was independently associated with lower risks of stroke, death from cardiovascular disease, and death from any cause."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0830075619.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink