Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

I've always thought it's odd that you're supposed to like either NY style or Chicago deep dish...like you couldn't possibly like both. They're completely different...and both are delicious. One isn't better than the other, to me...just depends what I'm in the mood for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 PM

4,587 posts, read 4,213,755 times
I love all kinds of pizza. A local pizza place near me makes a unique pizza that is one of the best I've ever eaten. It's made with a cornmeal crust and picante sauce. It has baked potato slices, jalapenos, cheddar, and bacon and is topped off with scallions after baking. Sour cream is served with it on the side. It is sooooo good. I need to order one soon.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Thin crsut from John's of bleeker in NYC is great. But I will also say Pizza from good ole Brooklyn NY beats any pizza in the rest of the U.S. IMO.

Now, Lubby! Just how on earth could you or Marie1249 make such a statement? You can both go to your rooms!
It's great that you love your pizza!
There's pizza just as good everywhere!

It's everywhere! (<~~~ this is a good thing! )

I love all kinds of pizza....sometimes it's great, sometimes not-so-great, sometimes it's awful.

Last edited by rainroosty; 05-10-2012 at 03:40 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 02:20 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
I like Margarita pizza. That's my favorite. Since moving to PA, I have come to appreciate the local Pizza, "Old Forge" but it's a different food from NY style.

I don't like bready Pizza, so I've never been a fan of Sicilian or Chicago.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,037 times
My favorite is thin crust brushed with olive oil, baby spinach, thin tomatoes, shrimp and light cheese.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Out of the 15 years I have put into restaurant work, I have been employed by 4 pizza joints across three different states (MidWest, New England, Northeast). And of course their is the pizza from my home state (California).

In my opinion, the best pizza is the one that is simple. I am not talking about crust, sauce, cheese, and one topping, although that is good, too. I am talking about a very thin veneer of sauce, preferably bianca, and a few toppings spread sparingly on top, including very little cheese. So little cheese that it might as well not be there.

That might sound too basic by American standards, but it allows you to taste how each item contributes to the overall taste instead of "flaws" being hid by excess[ive] sauce and/or cheese. If done right, it is really, really good.

I never understood the typical American-style of dumping a bunch of cheese on top or piling on toppings a mile high.

As far as American styles are concerned, I like the American Sicilian pizza found around Boston or just a basic thin crust (er, "normal" crust) one-topping, cheese, and red sauce slice.

How about you?
my favorite: the kind that fills me up with lots of cheese and lots of calories. actually, to be honest, I love a good veggie pizza or one with sausage, veggies and cheese, but not too many ingredients and not too much sause. We have a place here, so many people like, it would be great if it wasn't more sause than anything else. I also do not like the latest treand, Mexican pizza with things like beans on it. I love pizza and love Mexican food, but not together.I prefer thin crust, I can't stand anything that is too doughy...BTW, when I said lots of cheese, no I don't mean overpowered by cheese and I want it to be real cheese, not that make believe crap we get on almost everything now days.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,544,526 times
Too much cheese ruins pizza IMO, as does a limp crust. Just tried the new version - rectangular - one from Dominos the other night and it wasn't too bad. We had the bacon and chicken one.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
Just tried the new version - rectangular - one from Dominos the other night and it wasn't too bad.
Someone at work ordered Domino's for an event the other day, and it was surprisingly not horrible. It wasn't anything like the cardboard and grease pizza I remember from college. It had, you know ... flavor.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,094 times
Thin crust, with sauage, bacon, pepperoni and a little extra cheese.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Deep-dish Chicago pizza, baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink