Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 07:18 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times

Advertisements

Coke executive regrets his part in this campaign to replace all drinks with Coke- not just soft drinks. Coke and other soft drink companies must share some responsibility in our obesity epidemic and should be part of the solution. But I doubt they will do a damn thing.
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/06/0...ng/?ref=latest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 12:20 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,686,224 times
Now I don't do any soft drinks at all and I am saying this...

It is called the freedom of choice... to be free to make that choice!!!

Abstaining from softdrinks is by no means going to guarantee everyone to look like a model... seriously.
My life long friend back in Asia is obese and by no means love soda... she is a tea drinker "just like me" (as we used to always hang out at chinese tea houses in HS... the hardcore "dragonwell" drinkers "love that bitter tea").

Thing is why should we (intelligent human beings) expect others (like government, or even soda business) to take our hand in leading what we do or choose to do???
Should we as an adult population NOT be responsible for our own actions???

Like I said... there is no "guarantee" everyone can & will look like models after that "control by government, soda company whatever"... if there is... make it so we can all sue that government when it failled to perform their promise in keeping obesity down. Just like the drug companies or that malpractising doctor.

That 16 oz size is also a joke...

Say you are caught in that 110 degree weather at a function that ran out of water & have only soda left (***if businesses are smart, they would do that to cash in on this idiocy), now you due to that thirst & to keep hydrated is forced to pay 3X & buy 3X that 16 oz.... are you willing to pay for that????

Yah.. make sure the public businesses know...
Cash in on that 16 oz limit & make the "stupid" pay!!!!
And yeah... the "stupid" do "deserve it!!!

P.S. WHO is paying now???

Old 06-10-2012, 07:17 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
I drink a soda occasionally....and a small glass at that, when I do. But, it's not just soft drinks...or DIET drinks....(How often do you see really obese folks ordering "diet" drinks????) At least, if you drink real sugar, your body knows what to do with it.

Moderation is the key! You can drink and eat anything you want, as long as you don't overdo it! Most folks DO overdo and that's what causes weight gain! There's really nothing "wrong" with any food item....unless you eat too much of it!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:03 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,686,224 times
Coke's Share of Stomach campaign to replace all other drinks...

Just to be fair...

How about...

Starbucks's Share of Stomach campaign to replace all other drinks????

After all... THEY "Starbucks" carry the highest calories in drinks... NOT Coke or Pepsi either... just google.

"Hypocrisy" (government agenda) much????

Yah.. sheep mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink