Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,853,358 times

Advertisements

Lunchtime on a hot summer day, what's on your sandwich?

Here is mine:

Two slices of hearty whole-grain bread

Slice of red onion
Fresh tomato
Romaine lettuce leaf
Sliced avocado
A few lime and cracked pepper potato chips to give the sandwich some crunch
Annie's Cowgirl Ranch Dressing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,863,065 times
I'm making Sandwiches for DH & I in about an hour or so

They will be:

-Homemade Wheat Bread, lightly toasted with:
-Veganaisse
-Avacado
-Alfalfa Sprouts
-Lettuce
-Spinach
-Grated Carrot
-Red Onion
-Cheddar Flavor Soy Cheese

Yummy

Old 07-08-2012, 10:47 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,660,682 times
Mayo..sometimes
Musturd...sometimes
Pickle
Onion
Tomato
Lettuce
Cheese

Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,343,362 times
I have several favorites.
1. Lettuce and tomato on honey wheat with mayo.
2. Cheese, raw onion, and tomato on honey wheat with mayo.
3. Tuna and potato chip on honey wheat with mayo.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Lunchtime on a hot summer day, what's on your sandwich?

Here is mine:

Two slices of hearty whole-grain bread

Slice of red onion
Fresh tomato
Romaine lettuce leaf
Sliced avocado
A few lime and cracked pepper potato chips to give the sandwich some crunch
Annie's Cowgirl Ranch Dressing
sounds pretty yummy to me. I am not a huge sandwhich eater, but winter or summer my favorite pretty much has to be ham and cheese, with good quality cheese, prefer swiss; mustard (spicey) and mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion and maybe a pickle. No chips though. Next I like chicken salad with mayo, lettuce and pecans,maybe a little celery as well. Of course Tuna is always a safe bet, And the one I love but rarely have is: liverwurst...Not all condiments belong on all sandwhiches. I wouldn't have avocaco on ham and cheese but would on say, bacon or even tuna.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:39 AM

61,672 posts, read 87,060,489 times
I only eat open face sandwiches ( too much bread!), and mine usually contains a leaf of butter lettuce, slice of cheese ( feta or yellow, aged) or slice of home made cold cut ( coarse sausage, roast beef, pork loin, chicken breast), slice of tomato, slice of onion.
Sometimes I add slice of avocado, or bell pepper, or green onions instead of reg. onion.
Sometimes instead of meat or cheese, I will have sliced hard boiled egg with a bit of mayo and mustard, or horseradish. Or just a veggie sandwich with lettuce, tomato, avocado and onion.

On the sweet side, I like a slice of bread (usually pumpernickel ) with butter, a layer of sour cream, topped with little bit of fruit preserves and just a few sprinkles of sugar for crunchiness.

I buy an European whole grain bread, or pumpernickel.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:54 AM

777 posts, read 1,336,510 times
Oh man. Major sandwich lover here!

My most common sandwich is:
Whole wheat or multi grain bread, lightly toasted
with mayo,
dijon,
smoked ham,
provolone cheese,
tomato,
spinach (sometimes)
avocado,
and salt and pepper.

Sometimes I make that same thing into a melt. Mmmm.

Other than that, i love tuna sandwiches a lot too.
I use to be a HUGE turkey sandwich lover, than one day, I couldn't stand the taste of turkey anymore. Still can't. Went back to my childhood favorite of ham, at that point.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:55 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,032 times
French baguette
3 slices prosciutto
Sun dried tomatoes
Nice romaine lettuce
1 sliced harboiled egg
EVOO

Old 07-08-2012, 01:01 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I only eat open face sandwiches ( too much bread!), and mine usually contains a leaf of butter lettuce, slice of cheese ( feta or yellow, aged) or slice of home made cold cut ( coarse sausage, roast beef, pork loin, chicken breast), slice of tomato, slice of onion.
Sometimes I add slice of avocado, or bell pepper, or green onions instead of reg. onion.
Sometimes instead of meat or cheese, I will have sliced hard boiled egg with a bit of mayo and mustard, or horseradish. Or just a veggie sandwich with lettuce, tomato, avocado and onion.

On the sweet side, I like a slice of bread (usually pumpernickel ) with butter, a layer of sour cream, topped with little bit of fruit preserves and just a few sprinkles of sugar for crunchiness.

I buy an European whole grain bread, or pumpernickel.
We buy nothing but whole grain, rye or pumpernickel. It is one of our splurges. I was raised with quality breads, and will eat them as long as I have a few bucks in my wallet. One more thing that adds to a really great sandwhich, during the summer, a few slices of fresh cukes. As much as I love onions, I think in the summer I would just as soon have cukes on a sandwhich or maybe both.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:05 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,963 times
Get it right, it's a sammidge!

How about Prosciutto and Provolone on Italian bread with shredded lettuce, black pepper, oil, and vinegar? If not Prosciutto, then Capicolla (aka Coppa, aka "Gabagool")?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink