Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2007, 02:12 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,584,379 times

Advertisements

Campbell Soup Company has voluntarily recalled a limited quantity of 18.8 ounce cans of "Campbell's Chunky" Baked Potato with Cheddar & Bacon Bits soup with the following individual code on the bottom of the can:

JUL 08 2009 • BZ • 07097
CT DT XXXX (represents military time)

The product contains pieces of hard plastic that present a choking hazard and may cause injury if swallowed. No other "Campbell's" soup products are affected. If you have an 18.8 ounce can of "Campbell's Chunky" Baked Potato with Cheddar & Bacon Bits soup with the date code listed above, please return the can to the store of purchase for a full refund. For more information, please contact Campbell at 888-453-3868.

Campbell's Welcome - Consumer Alert (http://www.campbellsoup.com/consumeralert.aspx - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 03:17 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,423,007 times
Sounds like someone dropped a plastic bucket in the machine at the plant - yummy!

Old 10-05-2007, 08:31 PM

136 posts, read 589,802 times
Thanks for the info you scared me for a minute. I have got 4 cans of soup in the pantry! Whew close call!!

Old 10-06-2007, 11:10 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,245 times
OMG, so scary, especially for kids. Don't eat bacon, so am safe there! Well, sometimes turkey bacon.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:34 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,280,890 times
I don't buy that soup. The base is always chicken stock. I wonder what will be recalled next week? There seems to be a new one each week.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:26 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,265,652 times
Have to agree with Pinkstring, seems like we're having more recalls than ever.

What are your thoughts? Is it better quality control or bad work ethics?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:47 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,680,417 times
Definately bad work ethic. I work in a restaurant where I do not get along with the laid back co-workers. People have actually called me "anal" because I notice if cut lemons (for iced tea & such) are turning brown, and the like. They get POed if they see me cutting fresh ones to replace. What do they care if I wish to cut fresh ones, anyways? This is just one little example.
People simply do not care, because neither do their "bosses."

It's sickening. I am running out of places to make a living and businesses to patronize here where my family is, because we cannot escape the "laid-back" epidemic gong on. People are zombies -- literally. They are really in orbit.

And when it's them or their loved ones getting sick, they'll be shocked; oblivious as to just why; then just sue. It's the American way!

If I hear one more zombie telling me to "relax" at my job, I'm gonna freak. I hope they insist on telling the same to the Electrician who comes to fix the wires in their home, or the HealthCare workers when they are older and in a Nursing Home, or their dentist as he's ready to drill... . Relax! Don't worry about it! No one will notice!

I used to stop at a restaurant's bar to kill time on the commute home on weekends, ordered a Bloody Mary last week. Never ordered an appetizer when I was hungry because they're laid back in there (although "fancier".) But figured a drink is safe, being in bottles...
Damn bartender, right in front of me, overflowed the glass with ice, then used his bare hand to "compress" the ice down more -- appearing as if to squeeze it in so the subsequent liquid wouldn't spurt aside of the overplapping ice? Needless to say, I ended up picking the initial tip back up, and will not go in again when I see him there. The manager there is a zombie, though (was right there), so on it goes... I was so stunned, I was at a loss for words. He did not even do it quickly, just slowly, as he carried a conversation.

Will write a letter to the owner, though, when I find out his last name. But something tells me he'll laugh, as this is the standard around here. (Nobody else complains, apparently, or he wouldn't be doing it so openly.)
I peek in now first, hoping he won't be there, want to have a drink & tell the two another bartenders that were good and ask the owner's name, but the goon is always there and it appears the good ones quit.
<rant over>

Last edited by Travel'r; 10-14-2007 at 08:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink