Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:35 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,462 times

Advertisements

It's always about the food.....

One of my favorite quick snacks is melt shredded cheese on some Trisket crackers and dip in salsa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2006, 04:36 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,151 times
sad to say this but dried cranberries and chocolate chips mixed in a container.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:43 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
When chocolate's involved it's never sad.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:49 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,229,188 times
I am a cheese junkie! I have one of those quesadellia makers. Awesome quick snack! Also partial to Moose Tracks ice cream, fresh baked cookies, almost any dried fruit (I make my own in my Ronco food dehydrator), beef jerkey (I make that, too).

Current phase I am going through is milk shakes. Vanilla ice cream in the blender with orange juice, mmmmm. Tastes just like an old fashioned creamsicle.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:01 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1 View Post
That sounds yummy! I like raisins with peanuts. Sometimes I add m&ms. On the days that I pretend to be a health nut, I snack on fruit or yogurt. Dry cereal sometimes isn't so bad. I can eat a whole box of the Sun Dried Tomato Wheat Thins.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:49 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,984,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I am a cheese junkie! I have one of those quesadellia makers. Awesome quick snack! Also partial to Moose Tracks ice cream, fresh baked cookies, almost any dried fruit (I make my own in my Ronco food dehydrator), beef jerkey (I make that, too).

Current phase I am going through is milk shakes. Vanilla ice cream in the blender with orange juice, mmmmm. Tastes just like an old fashioned creamsicle.
I'm addicted to ice cream..They have Blue Bell ice cream here, and I'm currently working on a half gallon of Cherry vanilla...TDF! But I also keep a squeeze bottle of Hershey's Syrup handy, whipped cream, and I love to make sundaes too. I also use vanilla ice cream, milk, Hersheys, then blend it all up in the blender for a milkshake like my grandma used to make for us as kids. I can eat a pound of peanut M&Ms in one sitting, love Vanilla wafers, any homemade chocolate chip cookies, and tomorrow I'm doing a fudge cake with white buttercreme frosting
For quickies, I like taking bread, buttering it thickly, baking it a couple of minutes until it gets a slight brown, laying cheddar on top, a bit of garlic, then flash baking for a minute. Then adding fresh sliced tomatoes on top. Yummers.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:21 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,333,769 times
I'm not a snacker, but I must have my dessert after dinner and I too am addicted to ice cream. Because I'm the only one who eats it, I don't bother with a bowl. I just take my "Double Fudge Brownie" or "Mud Pie" or "Chocolate Trinity" out of the freezer and grab a spoon. I can easily finish a half gallon in just 2 sittings.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:21 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,290,585 times
Quote:
I like taking bread, buttering it thickly, baking it a couple of minutes until it gets a slight brown, laying cheddar on top, a bit of garlic, then flash baking for a minute. Then adding fresh sliced tomatoes on top. Yummers.
I'll have to try that and maybe add some oregano to it
Sounds good.

Old 09-25-2006, 12:24 PM

502 posts, read 2,295,545 times
Quote:
I like taking bread, buttering it thickly, baking it a couple of minutes until it gets a slight brown, laying cheddar on top, a bit of garlic, then flash baking for a minute. Then adding fresh sliced tomatoes on top. Yummers.

I'll have to try that and maybe add some oregano to it
Sounds good.

Add some sauce and you have Pizza!

Old 09-25-2006, 08:13 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,229 times
Hersheys: bars, kisses, squares, chunks, syrup, slices, dices, funnel it into my mouth, stick a needle in me and IV it into me....I don't care how you do it, just give me Hershey's. A good way to eat it is to buy a Hershey Bar and Reese's Peanut Butter (yeah, they actually make peanut butter in a jar...it's hard to find but if you can find it, it's worth it). I simply break the bar up, smash a spoonful of Reese's (remember it's got to be Reese's or it won't work) onto a plate, put the broken pieces next to it and just pick and dip. It's heavenly. Also, for that "time of month" when your body needs a good salt and sugar kick...alternate a piece of hershey's and a potato chip, then a hershey's then a chip....it sounds hideous but man does it make those cramps go away.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink