Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 04:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Not over rated! It has become the best chicken in America ever since this controversy started.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:03 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I mean seriously, the way some people talk about it you would think that it would like Jesus himself came to Earth but when I actually tried after all my friends hyped it so much it was just kinda like "meh, I've had better". Anyone have similar experiences with Chick-fil-A?
OK..I give up!! What is a "Chick-fil-A" and where is it and why does it keep appearing on here and on the news from time to time? Doesn't sound appealing to me regardless of what the broo-ha-ha is over it lately. HELP??? End the mystery for me. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:48 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
It's just a fast food chain specializing in chicken (sandwiches, etc, not fired chicken meals like KFC, Popeyes, Church's, etc). It's based in Atlanta, but has crept north over the years. It was originally a mall food court chain, but started doing stand-alone as it expanded. The company sponsors what used to be the Peach Bowl. It is run by a deeply evangelical family.

It's in the news because While the company has always been structured so that the religious views of its owners are more openly a part of how the company does business (closed on Sundays "to glorify God," religious-themed giveaways in kids' meals, etc.) than most large businesses of similar type. They have a history of significantly contributing to political groups for the purpose of promoting anti-gay legislation, no surprise, but the owner gave an interview this summer addressing that, and stating their belief that family, to them, means Christians, straight people, and those who do not divorce, and their political contributions reflect that. Apparently, a lot of people weren't aware that the company has always had this agenda, and it's sparked a lot of debates about private companies weighing in on social issues, and the fallout of that (several urban leaders have gone on record saying the restaurant is not welcome in their communities, etc.).

Old 07-31-2012, 07:38 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
I'm vegetarian so all I have had is the salad, but many, many people love their chicken. The restaurants are very popular here, and they do lots of catering as well.

The owner of the company I work for supports them as he appreciates their being closed on Sundays. So we have Chick-Fil-A for all of our staff meetings and public open houses, etc.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:31 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Not a fan of the place.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:15 PM

91 posts, read 131,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
Chick Fil A is my favorite fast food chicken. I love their spicy chicken sandwich. Regardless of what I may believe or not, I respect them for standing up for what they believe. Last time I checked we all had that right.
I agree with you, and Chick fil A.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:25 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,043,847 times
Love thier religious sentiments and their politics but do not like the taste of their chicken.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:14 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,759,064 times
Besides just the food, I also really like that they hire well spoken, friendly, polite people. I don't feel like I'm interrupting their social time by walking up to the counter to place an order. They don't act like they are being forced to work there at gun point or something, like most of the people next door at McDonald's. The dining rooms are always clean, and there is often someone walking around making sure everything is okay with your food, and refilling your drinks. What a concept. Being concerned about customer service.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times
Quote:
Besides just the food, I also really like that they hire well spoken, friendly, polite people. I don't feel like I'm interrupting their social time by walking up to the counter to place an order. They don't act like they are being forced to work there at gun point or something, like most of the people next door at McDonald's. The dining rooms are always clean, and there is often someone walking around making sure everything is okay with your food, and refilling your drinks. What a concept. Being concerned about customer service.
Agree 100%.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:43 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
You know what is my FAVORITE place for this, easily? Culver's. At the locations in the communities where I've always lived, at least, a high premium is obiously placed on very courteous customer service. It's extremely noticeable. Culver's is a step above typical fast food in quality, service, and presentation, to begin with, of course, but the priority given to customer service is really unparalleled, for me, at that price point/style of restaurant. I've never eaten inside a Chick-Fil-A, so I can't speak to the experience, there, but Culver's for sure has it down in this area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink