Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 03:31 PM

7,971 posts, read 7,315,005 times

Advertisements

I'd trade all four of the fast food joints (Burger King, McD's, DQ and Arby's) in my small town for a Chick-Fil-A. We don't have any in this area. There's one in my home town so at least I get their sandwiches and fries two or three times a year when I visit.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:34 PM

10,130 posts, read 15,805,843 times
In terms of the chicken fingers, I'm tempted to say I like Sonic's more, though Chick fil A's are better than McDonalds chicken selects or the ones at Burger King. In terms of fast food, I would rank Chick fil A overall just behind McDonalds, Taco Bell, Arbys (best curly fries) and Sonic. If you consider Waffle House fast food then that is #1 but I don't consider it fast food.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 PM

563 posts, read 1,266,975 times
I've eaten there all of one time 8 yrs ago, and from what I remember, I really liked the chicken sandwich and waffle fries I had.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:32 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,537,921 times
I doubt that we'll ever have one here. KFC/Taco bell gave up a couple of years ago.

But it's clearly a violation of First Amendment rights when elected officials prevent their opening new locations. But the constitution is dead in Obama's America.

I'm not Christian; I'm Irish pagan. However, we're with the Chick folks on homosexuality and divorce. So if I ever see one in my travels I'll make it a point to visit and spend some money.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,606,320 times
I love Chick-Fil-A.

First time I knew of them was as a kid in the early 80's when we had one in the local mall. It was a big treat for us to go there on a Saturday.

The food quality has always been good and having been in many different ones in the USA, very few have been average in terms of cleanliness or customer service, most have been exceptional.

My only beef with them is they stopped frying their waffle fries in peanut oil and they got rid of Cheesecake.

Here in PA, they have expanded rapidly in recent years. All of the locations I have seen are very well run and are well kept up with great food and customer service.

The only crappy Chick-Fil-A's are in the airports, apparently those are run under a different deal, but the quality in those is not up to spec.

In regards to the comments, well I do wonder what kind of society we are living in when a person that supports men and women having children and raising them properly is some sort of weirdo. They seems to be a small percentage of people/rabblerousers out there that feel they somehow can change the natural order of things that has existed for 10,000 years.

The main issue was the 2 mayors who feel they are some sort of soviet commissars and can just decide who comes to their city or not, which is especially bizarre considering who else they support:

Radical imam OK but not Chick-fil-A - BostonHerald.com

To me as a free society, or what should be a free society, people can support what they want. If people don't want to go to Chick-Fil-A because they close on Sunday or they support traditional sex and marriage, so be it. It's not like Chick-Fil-A has it plastered all over their stores. Personally I don't support many businesses due to their affiliations either.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:40 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,786,094 times
It's funny how this "hipster" restaurant now has so many angry customers who are too arrogant and childish to want to eat there now. They are stupidly depriving themselves of the waffle fries. Awesome.

Even better are the new flood of nice and happy customers more than making up for those childish ones.

I have always liked their breakfast chicken biscuits. Never been a big fan of chicken sandwiches. But people who like those filet sandwiches have usually said that theirs were the best. I also like their club sandwich with grilled chicken breast.

Last week I finally tried their new chicken salad, which people have been raving about for a while. Or, I suppose it's new, I'm not sure. Not bad.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:02 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,814,361 times
There is a Chick-Fil-A just a few blocks from my house. They offer free breakfasts on Wednesday mornings for a few months every year. No purchase required, no strings attached. Free coffee too.

One of my friends stopped in just to get coffee once on a free breakfast day. They didn't charge her for the coffee and offered her free breakfast as well.

Their employees are always polite and respectful.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,335,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
I've never been to Chick-Fil-A, there are none up here in Wisconsin, and when we're in Florida there are a LOT better places to eat. But everyone mentioning the friendly service reminds me of our Culver's, which DID originate here and is now spreading across the country. They always have extremely nice, and usually young, people working for them too. Maybe it's because it started as a family business as well.
I agree. I wonder if Culver's funds any groups I don't support, and wouldn't want my dollars to indirectly reach if I can prevent them from doing so...every so often, this information comes out, and people get up in arms, but most of the time, most people don't really research it too much. Overall, it's probably worth looking into how companies we patronize spend the money we give them, for those who care about such things.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 AM

16,602 posts, read 15,542,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
..... For myself, politics aside, Wendy's has the better chicken sandwich, and I'd probably still eat it, even if Dave Thomas himself turned out to have spent all his downtime clubbing baby seals with a filthy, oil-spill-smeared mallet made of old growth rainforest wood and rhino-horn ivory. That's a good sandwich. Chick-Fil-A? Eh. .....
Do you think Dave Thomas REALLY did that??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I've never eaten anything from Chick-Fil-A.
Stupid name and the way it's spelled turns me away....besides, I have no reason to go there because the Colonel makes the best chicken. Real southern fried chicken. People that don't like the Colonel are likely to go to hell.
The Colonel is a true Great American Hero. I'd give my right leg for a bucket of his fried chicken, but it has to be the real bucket of chicken....not a box of it.

My wife loves this "Chick-Fil-A" place, but I've never taken her there.
Hey! What do you think of KFC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I like their spicy chicken sandwich, but I rarely get there. For some reason I just don't think of a chicken sandwich as dinner. I do not care about their politics since I think everyone knows that the owner is Christian, and I get tired of hearing about boycotts. I must be in the minority when I think sexual orientation should be private and not injected into almost every conversation today~~sorry to be on a soapbox.
Good point! I don't care who has sex with whom and who marries whom. I do, however, prefer not to know all the details of either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
..... I think the thing about Chick-Fil-A is that it does have its loyal, hold-oners and robot following. Some belive the food is that good and eat there over and over because the food is good and they realy believe its that good to keep coming back. The hanger-oners, well they simply belive that eating there makes them something special or elevates their status (the Starbucks cup syndrome), so they keep coming back. Last is the robots who would eat festering sewer patties that makes them want to barf but would still claim its fanstastic just cause they have been led to belive cause its from Chick-fil-A it must be good.
Festering sewer patties?? Is that on the menu?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,606,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's funny how this "hipster" restaurant now has so many angry customers who are too arrogant and childish to want to eat there now. They are stupidly depriving themselves of the waffle fries. Awesome.

Even better are the new flood of nice and happy customers more than making up for those childish ones.

I have always liked their breakfast chicken biscuits. Never been a big fan of chicken sandwiches. But people who like those filet sandwiches have usually said that theirs were the best. I also like their club sandwich with grilled chicken breast.

Last week I finally tried their new chicken salad, which people have been raving about for a while. Or, I suppose it's new, I'm not sure. Not bad.
Forgot about that. Their chicken biscuits are unbeatable. I don't think enough people know about their breakfast menu.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink