Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,814,543 times

Advertisements

Last night I was making a grilled cheese sandwich for my dinner and I flipped it on to the floor instead of just flipping it over. I put it back in the pan, cooked the other side, and ate it anyway!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 07:36 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlecrazy View Post
LOL @ the responses here.

I have been sneaking spoonfuls of Nutella. Yeah, it's pretty bad for you, but omg sometimes I just can't help myself. My husband bought it and he used it maybe once. I've been taking at least 2 tablespoonfuls (savoring them hahaha) a day, usually before I take the dog for our nightly run. My husband knows I sneak it because he smells hazelnuts and chocolate around my face, no matter how I try to conceal my obsession. I use plastic spoons and throw the evidence in the trash. It was only a small jar but already it's gone. I even licked out the interior!

Let's see, I'll also go crazy with honey. My husband had a really bad cold last week, and he requested that I fix some tea for him, with honey and lemon. Omg I made him blueberry tea last night (for example), and while that was steeping, I just turned the honey bottle upside down and poured it in my mouth. I have no control over sweets and things. I'll do a similar thing with squeeze-tube cake icing decorations. Making a cake? Better by two squeeze tubes because I'll end up devouring one.

it's sad really...but funny.
I would love to eat Nutella like that. It.tastes.so.good! Tried it for the first time ever last year. Throat closed up and I almost died!

Love the plastic spoon bit!

Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie2101 View Post
Last night I was making a grilled cheese sandwich for my dinner and I flipped it on to the floor instead of just flipping it over. I put it back in the pan, cooked the other side, and ate it anyway!
Way to go! Nothing like some extra seasoning! LOL

Old 08-14-2012, 09:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
I helped my sister cook dinner at her place ... I told her that we needed to add some sugar to the corn bread and to oblige me, she added a little ... When she left the room ... I poured some MORE sugar in it

Ssshhhh.... Don't tell

Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,537,395 times
My dog and I have an arrangement...I "spill" something on the floor and he cleans it up!

Something tells me this isn't much of a secret tho.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,424,323 times
I have been eating raw ground beef since I was a little boy, just a little salt.
Though in recent years and knowlege of the nasty's in food have curved this somewhat.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,872 times
If I was going to die from eating raw cookie, cake or brownie batter I would have been dead a LONG time ago but I would have died with a smile on my face. To this day, I still sneak a taste when my wife makes cookies, cakes and brownies.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:34 AM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times
I have turned the bottle upside down and and squeezed pancake syrup into my mouth and I have done that with canned whipped cream. It's only 2 of us, but I never let the bottle touch my mouth. I do wash the syrup cap after I do that.I have also eaten canned chocolate icing with a spoon.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:10 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,349,927 times
My favorite story involved an old money, NY socialite... now long gone, whose family name I've also long forgotten. The story was reported many years ago by Dominic Dunne, one of her guests. In the 50s, she had a sit-down Thanksgiving dinner for 25-30 NY friends. The table was set with gorgeous china, linen & flatware & many delectable sides were displayed in beautiful bowls & toureens as everyone was joyfully called to the table. The excited guests chatted away eagerly as they awaited the opening of the kitchen door for the arrival of the giant turkey to be served to the houseful of hungry guests.

The lights dimmed. The socialite's long employed, very proud, tiny head maid picked up the perfectly roasted turkey & stuffing, which the handful of cooks had assembled onto a heavy, pure silver platter, opened the kitchen door to applause from the many guests, tripped on a chair leg & the giant turkey flew off the platter onto the carpeting, sliding 10-ft ahead of her. The head maid stood frozen with a look of horror on her face. All the guests gasped with looks of horror on their faces. Apparently, the socialite, without missing a beat said, "That's fine, Mildred. Please take that turkey back into the kitchen & serve us the other one."

Old 08-15-2012, 08:41 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,764,526 times
I've eaten tons of raw cookie dough and brownie and cake batter. So far, so good!

Okay, I'm guilty of eating whats left in the pans after dinner. Now if they're a bunch of say, mashed potatoes, I will put them most of the leftovers in a container and put it in the fridge, but I tend to never do a very good job of getting it all, so there's always some left for me to eat off the spoon. I have to be careful to not get caught though. Our kitchen and family room are open to each other, and I'm always afraid hubby will catch me.

A year or so ago, I saw one of those tubs of cheesecake filling in the grocery store. I thought I'd get one and a graham cracker crust and just throw it together for a quick dessert. So, before I but the filling in the crust I decided I should give it a taste. You know, just to make sure it was edible. OMG, it tasted so good, I just forgot all about the crust sitting there. I ate several spoonfuls then I just put the container back in the fridge and the crust back in the pantry. Over the next couple of days I ate the entire container of filling. I've thought about buying it again, but I know if I do, none of it will ever see the inside of a crust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink