Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

While I was mixing up the ingredients to my banana nut bread, I was thinking of the things people do while they are in the kitchen, such as eating mixtures, etc.

I always love to cream butter and sugar because I admit... I eat some of it. Oh sure, I added the eggs after that and the bananas and walnuts, and then the dry mixture and I sure did taste that and it was some kinda good!

Yep, I taste raw cake mixture too!

When I was little, I used to eat Crisco when my mom was making cakes. Now that is just nasty!

Got any kitchen confessions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 02:55 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
When I was a little kid, I used to sneak into the kitchen and take slices of white bread and pour sugar on top of them. It wasn't a little bit of sugar, it was a LOT of sugar. Of course, these days I would never do that.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:56 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
I nuke my meatballs. They end up fluffy and juicy and cooked perfectly. I watched my mother-in-law make meatballs once, and it seemed like such a *process* - granted, they were delicious, but so are mine, and mine didn't require browning the orbs first for 10 minutes, and then baking for a half hour. There's no browning necessary at all; just toss in the pyrex glass baking dish and nuke for 3 minutes. Take out, turn them over, nuke again for 2 minutes, take out, dump the sauce on them, nuke again for 1.5 minutes, and done.

I also eat a few pinches of the raw ground chuck before I start mixing it into the meatballs. I give a few pinches to my cat too. It's our weekly treat.

I -do- wash my hands several times during the creation process - I hate touching the oven door to put the dish in it, when I have meat-juice on my fingers. Or even worse - if I realize I need another palmful of breadcrumbs, or another splash of milk, and have to get more of either (I rarely measure anything when I cook).

Old 08-14-2012, 03:26 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Ok I'll confess, when I make cheesecake I like to eat some of the raw batter. Same with yellow cake mix from the box, I always lick the spoon. I also have eaten raw cookie dough and raw brownie batter.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:37 PM

We are all going to just die from these things, I know it. wahahahahahaha!

Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 PM

14,108 posts, read 2,773,744 times
My Mom used to save me a cup full of the raw pumpkin pie mix before she poured it in the pie crust. I love this raw mixture and have woke up in the middle of the night craving it during my pregnancy.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:17 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
The cat jumps on the counter and drinks from the kitchen faucet. The dog licked all the plates before I put them in the dishwasher. He also cleaned the kitchen floor, with his tongue.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The cat jumps on the counter and drinks from the kitchen faucet. The dog licked all the plates before I put them in the dishwasher. He also cleaned the kitchen floor, with his tongue.
Oh that got me cracking up. Kitty Katty is afraid of heights and just got out of his pretty princess bed to wait at the bathroom door for my SO to get out of the shower...

Old 08-14-2012, 07:10 PM

I just ate my third piece of banana nut bread. Yes, it is true. OMG it is sooo good. I could tell from the batter.... Nothing but good.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:24 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,474,103 times
LOL @ the responses here.

I have been sneaking spoonfuls of Nutella. Yeah, it's pretty bad for you, but omg sometimes I just can't help myself. My husband bought it and he used it maybe once. I've been taking at least 2 tablespoonfuls (savoring them hahaha) a day, usually before I take the dog for our nightly run. My husband knows I sneak it because he smells hazelnuts and chocolate around my face, no matter how I try to conceal my obsession. I use plastic spoons and throw the evidence in the trash. It was only a small jar but already it's gone. I even licked out the interior!

Let's see, I'll also go crazy with honey. My husband had a really bad cold last week, and he requested that I fix some tea for him, with honey and lemon. Omg I made him blueberry tea last night (for example), and while that was steeping, I just turned the honey bottle upside down and poured it in my mouth. I have no control over sweets and things. I'll do a similar thing with squeeze-tube cake icing decorations. Making a cake? Better by two squeeze tubes because I'll end up devouring one.

it's sad really...but funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink