U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 06:28 AM

1,802 posts, read 3,512,071 times

Advertisements

I love a good cup of coffee. As I have aged, however, drinking coffee in the late afternoon or evening keeps me awake. It would be nice to have a decaf that tastes like real coffee.

I am not a fan of the dark Starbucks coffees, but I have tried a Starbucks decaf that tasted like real coffee. That was good. But like real coffee, this purportedly "decaf" kept me awake. So I'd like a decaf that tastes good, but actually has the caffeine removed.

I'd love to hear what good decaf coffees you've found and drink.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 AM

3,647 posts, read 4,906,612 times
I usually have coffee at night with my dessert. I have decaf once in a while if I have to get up very, very early (like yesterday at 5:30). My favorites are Maxwell House and Folgers. So far I'm lucky with the caffeine -- it usually doesn't bother me and I am a big coffee drinker.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:54 AM

1,802 posts, read 3,512,071 times
Oh, I wish it did not bother me when consumed later in the day! When I was younger, it wasn't an issue. Sigh.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 08-25-2012, 05:09 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,830,532 times
Because of medication, I had to start consuming decaffeinated coffee as well. Luckily, I don't notice a difference. If anything, normal coffee was too bitter and strong for me. See these lists:

7 Best Decaf Coffees in US
What Is the Best Decaffeinated Coffee? Good Questions | The Kitchn
Best decaf coffee? - General Topics - Chowhound

Old 08-25-2012, 05:38 PM

15,791 posts, read 32,994,655 times
If you live in a town with a good coffee house you might be able to buy some from them. I can only drink decaf, and buy the most delicious organic decaf at a local cafe for $12.00 lb. Better than anything I ever tasted.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:03 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,830,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
If you live in a town with a good coffee house you might be able to buy some from them. I can only drink decaf, and buy the most delicious organic decaf at a local cafe for $12.00 lb. Better than anything I ever tasted.
Well, the OP says she lives in Louisa, Virginia. These places are close to her:

Solid Grounds Coffee House - Louisa, VA
Island Mochas - Mineral, VA
Gypsy Gourmet Cake Lounge - Palmyra, VA
Patisserie Royale - Louisa, VA

Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 PM

6,616 posts, read 12,250,366 times
Never had decaf. I don't really like coffee in the first place. I only drink it so it can transform me from a zombie in the morning to a halfway decent human being by the time I arrive at work.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:07 PM

2,160 posts, read 6,905,856 times
Bustelo...hands down the best decaf IMO

Old 05-01-2020, 02:19 PM

4,202 posts, read 9,655,310 times
Default Your favorite smooth decaf. coffee?

I am looking for a new brand of coffee, it has to be decaf. and smooth, not bitter or acidic, and I prefer organic if possible. Dark roast is too strong for me so medium would be best.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-01-2020, 03:14 PM

793 posts, read 222,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I am looking for a new brand of coffee, it has to be decaf. and smooth, not bitter or acidic, and I prefer organic if possible. Dark roast is too strong for me so medium would be best.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
I've been a coffee lover for quite some time and my wife and I have been getting our coffee beans from www.coffeebeandirect.com for 15 years or so. Great coffees, many choices, many roasts, at very fair prices.
Because of a medical situation I had to cut caffeine out of my diet. I was bummed, but tried their decaf Sumatran, and was more than pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I pulled a switch on my wife and she couldn't tell the difference. When her supply of beans is gone she is switching to their decaf coffee as well.
This small company is located in NJ and shut down because of the pandemic situation but they recently have allowed pre-orders as they are slowly figuring out how they can get back to business of roasting and filling orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink