Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 11:15 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times

Advertisements

Hamburger patties with melted cheese on top, cranberry sauce and stuffing.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:14 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,101 times
Can you believe it's 3:57am and I'm already planning dinner? I'm up early doing a load of laundry before going to work at 6am.

I have enough ingredients left over to make more Chicken Pot Pies, so I'm going for it. Made them (again) for a friend yesterday and I enjoyed it so much that I could go for another one, so...! Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. I love that pot pie recipes are SO versatile. Include or substitute anything you want! Don't want to use veggies? Leave 'em out or just use your favorite veg, like quartered mushrooms instead! My best trick is to use chicken stock concentrate to flavor the sauce as strongly as you want. (Regular chicken stock can be pretty weak tasting unless you've canned your own.)

Chicken Pot Pie

• 3 strips of thick cut bacon; cut into 1-inch strips
  • 2 cups of assorted vegetables; chopped
  • 8 oz chicken thighs; cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 4 Tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
  • 1 9 x 16-inch sheet puff pastry

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Fry the bacon strips until they start to crisp, then add the vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.

Coat the chicken thighs in flour and spices by shaking them in a resealable bag. Melt the butter in the pan before adding the chicken and all the flour left in the bag. Stir until the chicken browns. About 3 minutes.

Pour in the hot stock and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. If you want more sauce, add more broth and flour. If you just want your sauce a little thicker, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time.

Make a pastry rim for each of your pots. Do this by cutting approximately 1/2-inch strip of puff pastry and curl around the top of the pots. Dampen the edges to make them stick.

Cut a circle bigger than the top of each pie-pot for the lid, and then divide the chicken filling between the two pots.
Dampen the edges of the puff pastry again and top of each pot, sealing the edges with your fingers or a fork.

Cook the pies according to the puff pastry instructions. (Usually at 400 or 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.)

Write me back and let me know I'm your new best friend!

Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 AM

126,269 posts, read 19,039,201 times
Only 7 am and I am also already planning to nights dinner ,,menu''.My gang will have tonight a roasted chicken,stuffed with apples,onion and parsley, rubbed with butter,salt and pepper and a bottle of beer poured over it,covered in the oven,until roasted.With it garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. To drink with it beer! For desert a ,,hug''!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,412,572 times
3x Bratwurst on the dinner menu tonight.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:56 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Brats poached in beer and onions before grilling.

Of course potato salad.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,917 times
Homemade Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos and a Marguarita (or two)

Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 AM

6 posts, read 6,004 times
In dinner,s at every night different type of dinners intake not specific that its not eat or its not eat..but in dinner i specially like chicken with rice and salad is specially for all night dinners.. after that i take cup of tea and go for a bed

Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
Vegetable beef soup and sour dough bread.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,411,051 times
Inspired by plain and simple's post I am also making chicken pot pie but mine is different

Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Can you believe it's 3:57am and I'm already planning dinner? I'm up early doing a load of laundry before going to work at 6am.

I have enough ingredients left over to make more Chicken Pot Pies, so I'm going for it. Made them (again) for a friend yesterday and I enjoyed it so much that I could go for another one, so...! Here's the recipe if anyone is interested. I love that pot pie recipes are SO versatile. Include or substitute anything you want! Don't want to use veggies? Leave 'em out or just use your favorite veg, like quartered mushrooms instead! My best trick is to use chicken stock concentrate to flavor the sauce as strongly as you want. (Regular chicken stock can be pretty weak tasting unless you've canned your own.)

Chicken Pot Pie

• 3 strips of thick cut bacon; cut into 1-inch strips
  • 2 cups of assorted vegetables; chopped
  • 8 oz chicken thighs; cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 4 Tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 1/2 cups hot chicken stock
  • 1 9 x 16-inch sheet puff pastry
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Fry the bacon strips until they start to crisp, then add the vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.

Coat the chicken thighs in flour and spices by shaking them in a resealable bag. Melt the butter in the pan before adding the chicken and all the flour left in the bag. Stir until the chicken browns. About 3 minutes.

Pour in the hot stock and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. If you want more sauce, add more broth and flour. If you just want your sauce a little thicker, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time.

Make a pastry rim for each of your pots. Do this by cutting approximately 1/2-inch strip of puff pastry and curl around the top of the pots. Dampen the edges to make them stick.

Cut a circle bigger than the top of each pie-pot for the lid, and then divide the chicken filling between the two pots.
Dampen the edges of the puff pastry again and top of each pot, sealing the edges with your fingers or a fork.

Cook the pies according to the puff pastry instructions. (Usually at 400 or 425 degrees for about 20 minutes.)

Write me back and let me know I'm your new best friend!

It's plain and simple (excuse the pun LOL), you're my new best friend.....I'm trying this in a couple of days.....thank you! sounds really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink