Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM

15 posts, read 25,954 times

Advertisements

I love my coffee, but it always smells better than it tastes, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,816,044 times
Lasagna. It always looks and smells so delicious, but after a bite or two I just don't want it anymore.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
It depends on where I am and my mood, but hot tea in the winter always sounds so appealing, but down deep I really do not like tea. Another one that will probably shock a lot of you is Lobster. it is so hard to really get good Lobster and if it isn't good, it is nothing...Someone mentioned apple Pie, it is my favorite pie, but only home made with apples that are not so mushy they are more like apple sause. Turkey might be on my list as well: though I like it, I prefer good chicken. Turkey can be dry and not very tasty; frozen and then defrosted gives it a meally consistancy...yes, I always enjoy Thanksgiving dinner and sometimes even pick one up during the summer, but it isn't nearly as good as it sounds.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
I think I can relate on this. I used to go to a place called Godfather's Pizza, years ago (hint: the mullet was in style) I haven't had deep dish Supreme pizza like that since.
I know, right? We used to get Altieri's deep dish pizza in Ohio and it was heavenly, but we just tried the Dominos version and it wasn't good.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 PM

311 posts, read 634,756 times
Godfather's is still around here. We usually get Pizza Hut though.

I seem to make pork chops a lot but they are far from my favorite. Unless they are stuffed and covered in cream of mushroom sauce.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,132,699 times
I LOVE food -- so the foods I can't stomach I can count on one hand:

- Oatmeal -- can't get it down. I wish I did like it. GOod for health, good for weight loss. What's not to like? Except that it's the nasties crap I've ever tasted. Sorry folks, but for me it's like eating paper mache. It;s bland, and I cant take the texture. Now mind you -- oatmeal raison cookies are my favorite.

- Olives -- to me they're bitter. Just don't like the taste

- Cottage cheese - just plain nasty. And like oatmeal I wish I did like it..... for health and diet reasons.

- Rice pudding, bread pudding, tapioca -- some where along the line I think I had some that was nasty, and that just turned me off to all of those. Regular pudding, flan, creme brulee, tiramisu...are fine. I LOVE tiramisu.

- There's a southern lunch meat called souse. It's bits of meat and very gelatinous. Uh, no thanks.

Those are about the only things I WILL not eat.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:25 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,285,858 times
Pierogies.

I crave them occasionally but once I eat them I just feel stuffed and icky.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:53 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,531 times
Dim Sum. I go 2-3 times a month and the food is tasty, but I rarely full in a satisfied way after wards.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post

- Oatmeal -- can't get it down. I wish I did like it. GOod for health, good for weight loss. What's not to like? Except that it's the nasties crap I've ever tasted. Sorry folks, but for me it's like eating paper mache. It;s bland, and I cant take the texture. Now mind you -- oatmeal raison cookies are my favorite.

- Cottage cheese - just plain nasty. And like oatmeal I wish I did like it..... for health and diet reasons.

- Rice pudding, bread pudding, tapioca -- some where along the line I think I had some that was nasty, and that just turned me off to all of those. Regular pudding, flan, creme brulee, tiramisu...are fine. I LOVE tiramisu.

- There's a southern lunch meat called souse. It's bits of meat and very gelatinous. Uh, no thanks.

Hubby hates olives, and I love them;;;we love cottage cheese, but I know a lot of people do not like it, I think it does look a little unappitizing..Though i like the puddings you are talking about they do have a strange consistancy...

Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post

I completely agree about olives. My life would be easier if I liked them, so I think I should keep trying them, but the dislike has not weakened. Hubby likes them. I hate them. When we get pizza I always have to have them cut on half .

Rice pudding, tapioca, flan - all of those I don't like (it's a texture thing), but I don't really think its something I concern myself with. None of those things rarely even come to my mind. I see flan on the menu at certain restaurants, but I can't even recall where or when I've seen the other 2.

There is nothing gelatinous that I like. Don't like anything that quivers on the plate or in my mouth. I think some things (like Jello) look good and that I should like them, but I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink