Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 10:34 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberroseMI View Post
Oh good Lord, that sounds awful to me lol.
Take the cheese and mayo out and replace it with cream cheese or sour cream (or some kind of sour cream dessert topping), then I'd eat it.
I was thinking the same thing..but then I don't care much for mayo anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL, mustard shouldn't be on a burger, either!

KETCHUP is the condiment you put on burgers. Anything else is weird.

People can put what they want on their burgers, but servers either have to let them put their own condiments on or ask first. Unexpectedly getting a burger with hot runny mayonnaise on it is not a pleasant surprise. Or mustard. Ketchup is the most common condiment for a burger, but I have met people who don't like it, so one cannot just assume.
All I put on my burgers is mustard and maybe a dill slice or a sliced tomato but never ketchup. Ketchup is for fries I thought everyone knew that

Old 11-15-2018, 09:31 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
All I put on my burgers is mustard and maybe a dill slice or a sliced tomato but never ketchup. Ketchup is for fries I thought everyone knew that
Malt vinegar is for fries, unless you're in some parts of Europe and they give you mayonnaise.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Malt vinegar is for fries, unless you're in some parts of Europe and they give you mayonnaise.
lol no, that's not right! Malt vinegar is only good for fries if you get them with fish. Mayonnaise is like pouring oil in your mouth blech I hate it so much, if I get mayonnaise on my food in a restaurant I scrape it off then wipe the residue off with my napkin and no, I swear I'm not kidding

Old 11-16-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
lol no, that's not right! Malt vinegar is only good for fries if you get them with fish. Mayonnaise is like pouring oil in your mouth blech I hate it so much, if I get mayonnaise on my food in a restaurant I scrape it off then wipe the residue off with my napkin and no, I swear I'm not kidding
My stomach flipped before I tried it, but the curry mayonnaise wasn't bad. Mmmm. Grease on grease. Quite a few people here think that only Americans have weird food pairings. Those people just haven't traveled to many places.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
My stomach flipped before I tried it, but the curry mayonnaise wasn't bad. Mmmm. Grease on grease. Quite a few people here think that only Americans have weird food pairings. Those people just haven't traveled to many places.
My grandmother was from Sweden so I grew up eating lingonberry jam with everything, meatballs, herring, potatoes, you name it. That was probably the most unusual food pairing I've encountered but when I was a kid it seemed completely normal.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
So true. Though I don't ever eat fries in the US with anything other than ketchup, I have to admit that I too tried fries with a curry mayo dip in Germany and it was good. Good enough for me to eat them that way for the three years I lived there.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:06 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
My grandmother was from Sweden so I grew up eating lingonberry jam with everything, meatballs, herring, potatoes, you name it. That was probably the most unusual food pairing I've encountered but when I was a kid it seemed completely normal.
Hey, when I was a kid living in Japan we used to eat dried salted little fish like they were potato chips! So no, Americans aren't the only people eating weird stuff! My son married a woman from Korea and he will occasionally call me just to say "My wife is eating bugs again, Mom." Real bugs. Dried and salted. And she considers it totally normal, run of the mill snacking.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I'm not surprised. People serve cranberry sauce with poultry. Mom liked applesauce with roast pork, and pineapple with baked ham. Well, I did, too. I wonder where this fruit with meat thing started.

Old 11-17-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So true. Though I don't ever eat fries in the US with anything other than ketchup, I have to admit that I too tried fries with a curry mayo dip in Germany and it was good. Good enough for me to eat them that way for the three years I lived there.
That's the first place that I ate fries with mayonnaise. Do you want mayonnaise with those fries, or mayonnaise?

Though she always had some in the house, my mother loathed ketchup. I learned about eating fries with ketchup from friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink