Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times

Advertisements

Macaroni salad--got really sick from it when I was a teenager and still can't eat it. Same with smoked almonds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 10:43 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,401 times
anything thats super hot & spicey, it ruins my appetite

it's like poison to me

Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,925 times
Fried shrimp. I've always loved shrimp, but I had some as a kid from this restaurant and ended up vomiting when I got home.

I still love to eat shrimp, but I prefer it to be cooked in every which way except for fried.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:22 PM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,543 times
Cucumbers (including pickles) and watermelon. When I was pregnant, I craved melons and cucumbers and overindulged on them. Several years later, whenever I ate either of these two foods, I got sick for days. (...a little sad about since I really love these two foods!)

Old 11-11-2012, 03:21 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,159,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
This is really stupid: I decided to try a mushroom burger from Carl's Junior because I had never tried one of their burgers before as I was new to California. There was a crazy customer (who had obviously forgotten his meds) who was walking towards me as I was walking to a table to eat my food. He reached out like he was going to slap me in the face and instead slapped his hands together loudly and screamed "You b*tch!" right into my face (spittle flying). I had both hands occupied with my tray and I sat it down on a table ready to defend myself and one of the fast food workers said she was going to call the police. I just walked to the other side of the restaurant (well away from this psycho) and told the girl not to bother. She asked him to leave and he hurled another female customer's food tray to the floor, screamed "F**K everybody!" and ran out.

I was already shaken up but I figured I might as well go ahead and eat my burger and get the hell out of there. The mushrooms on the burger were slimy and left an unattractive gray smear across the burger (It made me think of the Stephen King short story Gray Matter), the burger looked totally unappetizing and I just threw it in the garbage and left. I've never been back to Carl's Junior since, so I still don't know if their burgers actually taste decent.
WOW what a psycho!! Can't blame you there.

For me, it's sushi rolls with the seaweed on the outside of the roll. It used to be the only way I could find sushi, but now, there's a bunch of rolls with rice on the outside and the seaweed inside. Anyways, back when I was married to my ex husband (father of my DD), we got really drunk one night drinking vodka and cranberry drinks. (come to think of it, I can no longer handle that drink either). I was probably the most drunk I've ever been, and hadn't had anything to eat. We were cranking Pet Shop Boys Greatest hits (our neighbors must have loved us) and dancing. I realized I was really out there and needed to eat something. We had purchased sushi rolls from a japanese market earlier in the day and I grabbed them out of the fridge and just gobbled them all down. Well, about an hour later, I got sick from all the drinks (I'm sure the food didn't help at that point).....to this day I can't look at sushi rolls with the seaweed on the outside or even smell the smell of seaweed because it reminds me of that night. UGH

Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,588,117 times
Baked beans gross me out, I can't stand the look, smell, taste or texture of them. It didn't help that I had a rather nasty babysitter as a young kid who would force me to eat this hideous food.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,769,804 times
I start to retch whenever i smell cream cheese and hate the thought of any recipe that calls for it.
It started at the age of about 7 when i thought i was stealing my little sisters spoonful of "vanilla ice cream", which i love.
It was cream cheese and I gagged horribly and had to wash my mouth out violently.
I cain't never eat it no mo!

Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
It took me 30 plus years before I could eat poutine again. My grandparents used to take me along to the city and we'd always stop somewhere for a bite to eat. I used to get a little car sick and then the poutine on top of that..... It was horrible.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:03 PM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,073 times
Beef stew. My mother used to make it frequently when I was a kid, probably because it was cheap and we were a large family. It was horrible, a brown, sludgy mess. And there was no way I could get out of eating it, either, because in our house you ate what was put before you. I used to choke it down by eating a dill pickle with it to kill the sludgy taste of the stew.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:21 PM

1,820 posts, read 4,492,434 times
I can't eat doritos or anything peach flavored, including the actual fruit!
Stemming from an irrepsonsible night of peach schaaps and oj in college... After our night of drinking, we ate a very large bag of dorritos. Fun times = very sick morning....lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink